20

Levi didn't remember much after he left the cafe, which was strange. He didn't remember getting to Elijah and Greyson, but he supposed he must have because he was in a bed. He didn't feel anyone beside him, but he felt a strange, cold weight around his ankles.

He opened his eyes and his heart sank. Unless it was some elaborate joke that Elijah and Greyson came up with, he was in deep shit.

The entire room was lit by a dim bulb in the middle of the ceiling, so Levi could see he was in a small room on a bed with his legs chained to the end of the bed.

He was surprised his arms weren't tied, but he then realized that there was no way he'd be able to take off the chains without a key. He pulled on them and listened to them clang against the bedposts, which only made him panic further.

What if it wasn't a stupid game that his soulmates came up with? If they did, Levi would definitely give them the cold shoulder for a few days because this was not funny or a game to him.

He was terrified.

"Greyson?" he called out, his voice echoing through the dim, musty room. "Elijah?"

No one answered, making Levi panic even more.

What if it wasn't them? That meant he was in a lot of trouble and had been taken by someone... and that his soulmates had no clue where he was.

"Guys, if this is a joke please stop," Levi called, trying not to cry or panic. "It's not funny."

Footsteps above him echoed through the roof, causing Levi to come to the conclusion that he was in a basement. He heard someone making their way down a set of squeaky stairs before the handle to the door of the room jiggled and opened.

Levi's heart dropped.

"I've been looking for you for years, Levi," the man said, sitting heavily on a chair in the center of the room. "Didn't think you'd escape, did you?"

"I did for four years," Levi muttered, trying to act strong though the sight of his foster father made him shudder and want to vomit from fear. "And I'd like to continue that streak, so you can let me go."

His foster father chuckled. "No, it's fun to watch you squirm," he said, eyeing Levi's trembling figure. "You shouldn't have run from me."

"Oh, you're so right! I should've laid down and stayed with my rapist! Why didn't I think of that?" Levi couldn't help the sarcastic remark, and winced, realizing that Elijah was definitely rubbing off on him.

A slap across the face was the only response he got, making Levi shut his eyes and take in a shaky breath.

"You should've known I'd find you sooner or later. Besides, you owe me for saving you and protecting you."

Levi shook his head. "If I knew that this is what you wanted I would've stayed on the streets!" he exclaimed, tugging at the chains on his feet.

His foster father wasn't pleased by that and climbed over Levi, shoving him into his back and pinning his hands above his head.

"I'm really going to enjoy this," he growled, closing his hand over Levi's throat.

•••

"Why won't he show up?!" Elijah shrieked, his skin completely green as his demonic form came out due to his anger. "We're summoning the asshole and he won't show up!"

Greyson glared at Elijah. "It's kind of hard when you're yelling at me!" he snapped back, relighting the candles that had gone out.

There was no way to get to Hell unless Alastor invited them and took them through his portal, so when he wasn't on Earth, they had to go through a summoning ritual to get him to notice them. It usually worked, but they'd been trying for nearly an hour and hadn't been successful because both men were distracted and worried.