83: Mouse Maze - From Companion to Food

Compared to the previous game with the grids, the arena was now surrounded by a creepy darkness.

The temperature didn't change, it was still very hot. However, due to their prolonged hunger, all of their cold hands and feet trembled slightly as if soaked in ice water.

"Can anyone start a fire?" Lara Lian's eyes shone dimly in the darkness. Gulp. She swallowed a mouthful of her own saliva and added, "If we have some salt, it'll be better."

Hearing that, Old Wang lifted one of his hands that pressed on B. Rabbit and searched his side and back pockets. "Water entered my lighter, so I threw it away," he suddenly remembered with regret.

"I can't be bothered anymore. Let's skin it first. If we run out of options, I'll even eat it raw!" Lara Lian couldn't resist her hunger any longer. She pulled a motionless B. Rabbit over and thrust it over to her boyfriend. "You have a knife, right? Quick, skin it!"

Zhong Junkai was hesitant. "This is Miss Lin's rabbit..." he stammered. "I don't think we should eat—" Before he could finish his sentence, his stomach suddenly rumbled loudly.

He did not dare to look at the rabbit on the ground for fear that he would not be able to curb his insane hunger. He could feel the waves of hunger pangs clawing at his stomach — this was the first time in his life that he had felt such intense hunger.

"If we don't eat it, we'll all die." Lara Lian frowned as she eyed him. "Can you bear seeing me die of hunger? I mean, this isn't even your rabbit!"

Zhong Junkai gritted his teeth and said nothing.

"Quick! Pass me the knife!" Lara Lian pushed him roughly. Seeing that her boyfriend was still unwilling to take action, she couldn't help yelling at him. "You're afraid of that woman! You're useless!"

Zhong Junkai stared at her in shock. This was the first time he heard his usually gentle and demure girlfriend use such a tone. Meanwhile, Lara Lian was already reaching out for his fanny pack with her trembling arms. She wasn't trembling because of her lack of conviction to eat the rabbit but due to her dangerously low blood sugar, which was causing her to feel faint.

All this time, Old Wang's pair of hungry eyes never left B. Rabbit. Compared to Lara Lian, his condition was no better. His cheeks were deep-sunken, and his pot-belly was visibly smaller.

Lara Lian quickly found a switchblade, and a weak smile suddenly appeared. She placed the rabbit in a supine position then held the blade to its throat; the knife slowly sunk into the rabbit's brown fur...

Her fingers trembled as she pressed the blade down. Just then, a metallic whip-like sheen suddenly came at them. Lara Lian didn't dodge in time, so she took a direct hit. She staggered as she lost her grip on the switchblade. The switchblade was flung a long distance away from them. Then, blood slowly seeped out from a gash on her face.

"My face!" Lara Lian howled like a she-wolf as she lifted her head and held the wound on her face.

Within that time, Old Wang quickly picked up the rabbit and stuffed it in his pocket as if he'd already anticipated that someone would chase after them. Just as he was about to turn and run, he unexpectedly fell forward on the ground on his hands and knees. He looked behind and realized that Lara Lian was grabbing his trouser leg.

"Where are you taking my food?" she asked with a sinister expression.

Lin Sanjiu walked out of a narrow path just around the corner, still holding the duoluozhong's mouthpart. Even though she managed to disarm Lara Lian with a single blow, her condition was actually the worst among them. She'd thought that she had already used quite a lot of strength in that previous attack, but it merely scraped Lara Lian's face. Lin Sanjiu breathed heavily as she tried to stop her legs from wobbling and to control the burning hunger in her stomach.