86: Who Do You Suspect?

A warm orange light lit up the dinner table covered with a snow-white tablecloth. The cutleries and plates reflected the same warm, gentle light. Meanwhile, three people and a rabbit sat around the clean, elegant set-up with deadpan expressions. Fortunately, being in Hyperthermal Hell, they did not worry about the food getting cold. For some reason, though all of them were almost starving to death, they only stared at the steaming food in front of them, none of them moving.

"I can't. I can't stand it anymore!" B. Rabbit shouted after some time. Being the most impatient among them, he was the first one to "break". He leaped onto the table and yelled, "I don't give a damn! Even if I become a ghost, I don't want to die hungry!" With that, he scratched open the plastic wrap with his paws and threw it to one side. Before the others could stop him, the rabbit thrust his head into his bowl of soup and then they heard weird gurgling sounds as he drank the soup noisily.

Lin Sanjiu was so hungry that her limbs felt incredibly weak, yet she immediately pulled the rabbit's hind legs, urging, "Calm down. Don't eat that. Vomit it out!"

While saying that, she forced herself to look away from the food as if afraid to see the steaming, tantalizing dishes.

Hai Tianqing and Hu Changzai also helped pull the rabbit out of the bowl in a hurry; however, it was too late. B. Rabbit had finished drinking that bowl of red soup within five seconds, leaving the bowl totally empty.

There was still half a slice of carrot on his face as his legs were held down by all three people. Even so, the rabbit tried to shake the carrot into his mouth. As he chewed, his words came out muffled. "Ahh... I finally got to eat... Ha..."

The fur stuck to half of B. Rabbit's face was wet and tangled into locks, yet B. Rabbit looked satisfied and did not show a single shred of regret. Lin Sanjiu was speechless when looking at him. After some time, she slammed a piece of paper on the table and berated him with her weak voice. "You saw this letter, right? How can you act so rashly? You better pray that there is no problem with the food!"

The piece of clean, thick paper shifted slightly, and the words on it seemed to appear much clearer under the light.

"Dear contestants,

"How are you? I am the host of the Red vs. White Challenge, Mr. Dot. I am very happy that I could sit here with all of you at this dinner table.

"I think all of you must have been shocked when you saw that previous hint. Actually, you don't need to be shocked since there is little I can't do in this place. I impersonated one of you here after the end of the first game, but you don't have to worry. That person or rabbit is currently safe and is probably sleeping.

"You might be wondering why I chose to infiltrate your group; that is because I discovered much earlier on that all of you are companions. How should this game proceed? Well, please read my words carefully.

"There is a piece of voting paper under each of your dinner plates, and you will find four pens in the cutlery holder. Please write down the name of the person you suspect is Mr. Dot. Next, flip your paper and place it in the middle of the table. Once everyone has finished voting, I will stand up and admit my identity if you're correct. You have only one chance, and you cannot amend your vote.

"Something you must note is that a person is only effectively recognized as the 'suspected impersonator, Mr. Dot' if that person receives two votes. What does that mean? Here is an example: if both Hai Tianqing and Hu Changzai from the White Team suspect that Lin Sanjiu from the Red Team is Mr. Dot, they will both vote for Lin Sanjiu. Once she receives two votes, she will be recognized as a suspect, and if she is the true Mr. Dot, this would be considered a win for the White Team.