( 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 )

it was almost midnight on a monday night and roman just entered his thirty five million dollar new york city penthouse

it was almost midnight on a monday night and roman just entered his thirty five million dollar new york city penthouse. it was dark as it was the end of the night, and all you could hear was the distinct sound of the tv that was playing in one of the bedrooms.

roman looked in all of the rooms in the house to make sure that everything was situated. he looked into his maid julianne's room, he saw her fast asleep. roman was hoping that she did all of her duties for the day, as if she didn't it was gonna be a problem.

then he looked into his four year old daughter's room. jianni lynn was her name, and she was also fast asleep. he walked into her room and kissed her forehead and walked out of the room again.

and then there was his bedroom, the bedroom that he shared with his wife of three years. she was still up, and the tv that he could hear from the entrance of the house was from their room.

"why do you have the tv so damn loud?" roman asked sounding very annoyed. "I could hear it from the front door".

"already whining and you just came through the door" his wife scoffed. "can you at least say hi to your wife?!".

"okay. hi iman" he said.

roman and iman have been together for five years, and of course married for three. their relationship has always been... very interesting. they met when iman was a bartender at roman's favorite bar, and then once iman and roman began to date roman made sure that iman was out of that bar and into his home. a couple months into the relationship, iman was pregnant with jianni lynn and then roman proposed. they got married a year later and have been together since.

iman loved roman with all of her life but roman, he wasn't all too lovey dovey emotion wise. when it came to sex he was ALL over her, telling her that he loved her so much as he was fucking her so hard that she could barely move the next morning but when they weren't having sex, he wasn't really giving her the love that she wanted. that all came down to the fact that he was barely home.

and that was due to the fact that roman is the biggest king pin of new york.

yes, iman married and had a kid with a drug lord. roman's been a drug lord since he was twenty one. he's now thirty five, over ten years in the game. it started off just selling for others but eventually, he garnered enough product and money to run his own pin and have others do his dirty work and he gets the money. there's a reason why he's living in a million dollar penthouse in manhattan.

roman's kingpin literally runs new york as he had people in all five boroughs and the neighborhoods to count. he had people in manhattan, brooklyn, the bronx, harlem, queens, and staten island . some even call him the "king of new york" but he prefers the name "the tribal chief".

when iman first found out about him being a drug lord, she was so shocked and scared that she nearly left him. however during one incident that nearly stole her life, roman protected her. he was her knight in shining armor and she's been in love with him. she's used to what he goes through, the being out late and having to protect herself at all times in case enemies tried to attack but she just wished that he had more time for her. he has such a cold demeanor that sometimes it feels like he doesn't even love her.

"so.... how was it today?" iman asked her husband as he was changing to go into the shower.

"the same" roman shrugged. he was always so vague about what he does at work, and she hates it.

"you know you can tell me, i've been with you for five years and you still act like it's such a secret on what you do" she said as she was getting irritated with him.

"it was the same iman! they sold what I told them too and I made sure shit was right!" he exclaimed at her.

she rolled her eyes and laid back into bed.

"I don't know who you're rolling your eyes at I just told you what happened" he said.

"why do you always have an attitude? I asked you a simple question and you have to be so damn vague and secretive all the time!" she exclaimed. "like are you doing something that I can't know about?!".

"iman don't stress me out before I take this shower and go to bed okay?" roman groaned.

"you always stress me out this is nothing different" she mumbled.

"excuse me?! what did you say?!" he exclaimed as he was starting to walk over to the bed.

"you heard me" she said.

"... don't make me fix your attitude iman" he warned, his voice getting real deep before going into the bathroom.

whenever that happens it either means that they're going to argue or they're gonna have "angry sex". sometimes it's both. whenever roman's voice hit a low octave it meant that he was pissed, and he might just do something that about that.

when roman got out of the shower, he got in bed and looked over at iman who was fast asleep. she formed a border between herself and roman with the pillows and he just rolled his eyes and shrugged it off.

"of course she got an attitude" he mumbled.

once he turned off the lamp light on the side he drifted off to sleep.

onto the next day.