(3) ENZO: JUNE 3RD, 2020

ENZO: JUNE 3RD, 2020

"Good morning, mijo."

Enzo stumbled into the kitchen, early in the morning because his body still hadn't shed the habit of waking up at the ass crack of dawn. "Morning," he mumbled to his mother, who sat at the table, drinking coffee while his stepfather made breakfast.

"Will you be going to church with us today?" Mom asked, eyebrows raised in curiosity as she sipped from her mug.

Enzo shook his head. "No, not today, sorry. I have plans with Mal and Leo. We hafta talk about the trip 'n stuff."

"And stuff," Arthur, his stepdad mocked with a teasing grin. "So specific. Our son has a way with words."

"Her son," Enzo corrected without thinking. Immediately, the mood dampened, making Enzo internally wince. Yeah, maybe he still wasn't used to having a stepdad, but he didn't hate Arthur, so he had no idea why the fuck he felt the need to say that.

Arthur nodded. "Of course, sorry. You're our gremlin, how about that? With your dirty ass room."

Enzo snorted. "It's my room, so. Does it matter what it looks like?"

"I guess not," Arthur responded. "What do you think, Ximena?"

"It matters in this house," she said sternly, pointing at Enzo. "Clean it up, or I won't let you go on that trip."

Enzo frowned. "But — "

"You heard me."

He sighed. "Yes ma'am."

"You want anything, kid?" Arthur asked, gesturing toward the stove.

Enzo shook his head. "Nah, thanks though. I was gonna shower then go get breakfast with Leo."

"No Malachi?" Mom asked, frowning.

"No," Enzo scoffed. "The dude sleeps in all the time. He misses out on all the funny stuff Leo does when he's half asleep still."

Mom laughed. "Okay. Well, have fun. Drive safe, sweetheart."

"Will do," Enzo said, grabbing some clothes from the laundry room connected to the kitchen. "I'll see y'all later. Bye, I love you."

The two replied with echoes of what he said, and Enzo left to shower and get dressed before hurrying out to his car. He sent a text to Leo once he was buckled in and the engine had started.

endothermic
yo I'm on my way are unready

leob
yes i am unready . bc that makes so much sense

endothermic
stfu it was a typo dickhead

leob
🙄🙄🙄🙄

Enzo rolled his eyes at Leo's text and tossed his phone into the passenger seat so he didn't get distracted. As he started off down the street, he couldn't help but smile a bit.

Well, not a bit. A lot. Anytime he was texting Leo or Malachi he'd smile like mad, which probably made it very obvious to anyone watching that he had a crush on the both of them.

Yes. The both of them. Enzo liked his best friends — plural. First it started with his and Leo's stupid ass dynamic where they'd flirt as a joke, but Enzo was absolutely serious after a certain point. And then Malachi became way too attractive all of a sudden, and Enzo was just fucked. One hundred percent fucked.

Thankfully, the two were clueless as hell. Enzo didn't make his crushes obvious to the people he liked themselves. He had a pretty good poker face, and he was a great actor (he participated in many school musicals). This crush situation was something he would take to his grave.