D I C I A S S E T T E

— ᴀ

— ᴀ.s.

I was battling with myself over that question for some time now. The way he looked at me during my whole stay in Italy, the way he would talk to me. He seemed different around me, he would be so calm and gentle. It was like he was scared that I would break if he rise his ton or if he touches me.

I'm not gonna lie when he pulled me in his chest I was shocked but his reason for that made me laugh. 'Does he cares?'

When the shock wore off and I realized our situation butterflies started to fly in my stomach. And my heart started to beat wildly in my chest at how close we were.

I could smell his cologne on a shirt he was wearing and in a weird way that calmed my racing heart. I even closed my eyes for a second letting myself lean into him on which he tightened his hold on me.

In answer to my question I felt him froze. 'Weird.' I loosened my hold on the back of his shirt looking at his face for any kind of response but his eyes were directed in front of him. He seemed like he zoned out like he was thinking hard.

"Xavier." I called him wanting to get his attention. Blinking a couple of times he lowered his eyes on mine and locked our gazes. Slowly he brought his hand on my cheek and gently wiped off the tears that were a moment earlier flowing over them.

"I didn't want to scare you away, but I see that that didn't lead me nowhere. So all that included, I think we should talk." He said flicking his eyes over my face.

"Do you have a lot of things to do? Do you need help?" He asked nodding his head towards onions on the dashboard.
I quickly shook my head  "No, I'm good. I can make salad later."

"Okay let's talk then." He said unwrapping his arms from me. I couldn't suppress a disappointment that fell over me as coldness wrapped around me instead of his arms.

"Come here, principino." Xavier said picking Emiliano in his arms. "Let's sit." He added as he gently grabbed my hand and lead us into the living room.

"You are scaring me. What is happening?" I breathed out and he quickly shook his head as he put Emiliano down on the couch.

"You don't need to be scared. It's nothing bad. Well.. how in which hand.." he trailed off making me frown.

"Hmm, how should I start...umm.." he started but I cut him by placing a hand on his and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"It would be good if you start from the beginning. Like how did we met and then rest." I said with a smile which he gladly returned.

"You are right. Well, umm we met a year ago when you first arrived in New York. A day after you arrived you had a job interview-" he started but I cut him off once again.
"Yeah, I didn't get a job."

"Exactly, we met... stumbled into each other in front of a coffee shop. That was after your job interview. Then, umm.. let say that we fell into a conversation and you told me that you are in the need of a job, which I offer to you not long after."