V E N T I N O V E

— x

— x.ᴅ.ʀ.

Wife...
Wife...
Wife...
Maybe you should do something about it.

Moreno's words replayed in my mind like a broken record causing me to think about that a lot these past days.

Maybe that wouldn't be a that bad idea. I'm planning on marrying that girl one day anyway, but now? Not to bring confusion I would have tied the knot the moment I saw her at that wedding. But her condition is what scares me the most.

I know even though she remembers a lot more than the first day, she is still unsure. And in some moments I could see fear and discomfort in her eyes. That's rear but it doesn't mean it isn't there.

"Che cosa fai?" Moreno asked sitting on the seat in front of me while lifting his brow.
("What are you up to?")

"Nothing for now. I'm just thinking." I answered rubbing my jaw. Leaning my head on the chair I cast my eyes towards the ceiling.

"Thinking? About what exactly? We can't do anything about Aleksei's situation till we don't get any lead or-" I cut him off before he could spoil my mood on worser.

"No, no. I'm not thinking about him, but now I might start... again." Sighing I run a hand through my hair.

"Than what is it?"
"Your words."

"My words?" He asked frowning in confusion while eyeing me battlefield.

"Si. About wife thing." My words surprised him causing him to start chuckle.

"Don't tell me that you are scared or having second thoughts."

"No, no I'm not. Well not really, I just umm.. you know... I umm, it's not easy, ugh.." groaning I stood up from the chair and started to pace the office.

"What is it? Come on tell me. I know you my whole life. What is it?"

"What if she rejects me, says no or something. " My mouth opened on its record.

"Reject you? Are you fucking blind? That girl is looking at you like you are some type of a God. You think she would say no?"

"She is still not remembering everything. Everything." I repeated looking at my shoes.

"It wasn't only your fault. It was all of us. We fell for lies and manipulation but.." sighing he shook his head "..maybe she never remembers. Maybe that will be a hole in her memory that will never be filled."

"She slowly started to remember everything. That secret won't be a secret much longer."

"Than tell her."
"I can't."

"And why is that." He asked with annoyance in his voice, standing up himself and making his way towards me.

"Cause I don't want to hurt her anymore. I'm scared that she will.. I'm scared that she would do the same thing she did months ago. And what would I do then? You saw me with your own eyes what her disappearance did to me, what would her death do in that case?"