~2~ A Curse

It's been a few weeks since Maleficent saved me from the hunter. Since then she's been sending Diaval to the castle and I've just been by her side.

Diaval hasn't actually spoken to me at all yet. I get the feeling that he doesn't like dogs. But I don't let that bother me, why should I care what some raven thinks.

I lay by a small creek, watching as fish and fairies swim in the water. My fur blows in the soft wind that comes from the Moors. Maleficent stands nearby awaiting the ravens return.

My ears perk up at the sound of cawing.

Oh goodie the bird is back.

I watch as he trips and almost falls while transforming. I'd laugh out loud if I were human.

"Well?" Maleficent asks.

"Well I saw nothing but there's been um..." Diaval trails off.

"A what?"

"A child. The king and queen have had a child." He explains.

"Oh." Is all Maleficent says.

"There's going to be a christening. They say it's to be a grand celebration."

"A grand celebration... for a baby. How wonderful." Maleficent turns Diaval back into a raven and I get up and move to her side.

Together we make our way out of the moors and towards the human kingdom.

-time skip-

Wind whips through the people's clothes. Some scream in fear, while others cry.

Maleficent's shoes tap loudly on the stone floor. My own claws making some clicking noise to.

We stop in front of the thrones and Diaval swoops down to perch on Maleficent's staff. I stand by her side, my eyes narrowing on the king.

"What a glittering assemblage, king Stephan." Maleficent spits the title out like it's poison on her tongue. She begins petting the raven's feathers while she looks out among the crowd. "Royalty, nobility, gentry, and" she laughs, "how quaint... even the rabble." She turns back towards the king.

They have a tense few second stare down before she continues.

"I must say I really felt quite distressed at not receiving an invitation."

"You're not welcome here." The king says.

"Oh." Maleficent looks down in mock sadness before she begins laughing again. "Oh dear. What an awkward situation."

"But you're not offended." The queen asks quickly.

"Why no. And to show I bare no ill will I too shall bestow a give upon the child."

The king and queen lurch to their feet.

"We don't want your gift!" The king yells.

I leap forward and growl slightly. Maleficent looks at the king as if daring him to step closer. He doesn't and just stands there while Maleficent steps closer to the baby.

"Stay away from the princess!" One of the three fairies shouts.

"Yes stay away!" Shouts another.

With the flick of her wrist the three fairies go flying and land in a trunk which falls closed on them.

"Hmm." Maleficent hums as she judges the child before she starts spinning her fingers, green glowing magic swirling around her staff.

"Listen well all of you, the princess shall indeed grow in grace and beauty, loved by all who meet her."

The green light settles around the child and disappears.

"That's a lovely gift." The queen says quickly.

Maleficent looks towards the king who begs softly, "Don't do this."

Maleficent places a finger to her lips as she steps away from the child and looks over her shoulder at a spinning wheel.

"But," Maleficent raises her hand which are once again surrounded by misty green magic. "Before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and fall into a sleep like death. A sleep from which she will never awaken!"

"Maleficent please don't do this." The king begs.

Maleficent smirks in response. "I like you begging. Do it again."

The king slowly gets down on a knee before Maleficent. "I beg you."

Maleficent smiles mischievously, "alright, the princess can be woken from her death sleep but only by, true loves kiss." She says the last part with disgust before turning to face the crowd. "This curse will last till the end of time! No power on earth can change it!"

With that Maleficent descends the small stairs and strides out of the castle, laughing the whole while

With that Maleficent descends the small stairs and strides out of the castle, laughing the whole while. I share a look with Diaval before we too follow her back to the moors.

~*~
Words-732

Thanks for reading!

Cya~