chapter eight

By the time CeCe got back to the apartment after heading the SIU stage, she was nearly frozen to death. She stayed out way longer than what she planned, just walking around the city, and every part of her was freezing cold and as numb as it could be. She stumbled into the doorway, calling out, "Flynn? Are you home?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Can you come here please?" 

CeCe flopped down onto the couch, wrapping the blanket that was on the back of the couch around her body. Her teeth started chattering, and she was practically shaking from the way her skin started tingling as warmth slowly started to break through the ice in her veins. She looked over and saw Flynn coming out of his room with a frown on his face, probably because she never sounded that worried before. 

"What do you need?" he asked, walking in front of her. His eyes took in the blanket around her body as well as her winter jacket that was still zipped all the way up to her chin. "I'm trying to pack for Henry's, you know."

"I'm sorry," she said, grimacing, "but I'm freezing to death over here. Can you grab all of the blankets off of my bed and wrap them around me?"

"Why are you so cold?" 

"I decided to take a walk for a few hours."

"In this weather?" Flynn exclaimed, throwing his hands up into the air. He actually looked worried about her. Maybe it was because he thought that she was finally losing it after all these years. Whatever the reason, she was glad that he still cared about her even though she was a terrible person. "CeCe, what were you thinking?" 

"I wasn't thinking." She shrugged, shivering slightly into the fuzzy blanket. Flynn reached out and pulled it closer around her head for her. "I needed to get away and do something, and that was the only thing that I did that didn't cost money."

"You went to the SIU studio, didn't you?"

"How'd you know?" 

"I know you," Flynn said, nodding. There was something in his eyes that she didn't like. "I'll be back." He spun on his heel and walked away, hopefully grabbing her blankets from her bed. She couldn't believe that he knew where she went. Was she that predictable? She didn't think she was, but she could have been. It had been years that she truly knew who she was. "Do you think this is enough to warm you up?"

Flynn dumped the covers on CeCe's head, making her groan. She pulled her arms out from under the covers, wrapping herself up into a blanket cocoon. Her fingers and toes were starting to come back to life, which was a good sign. She just didn't like how her whole body tingled and burned as the warmth started heating her up. 

"Yeah, I think this is enough. Should I go take a shower, though? That would make me warmer."

"No," Flynn said firmly, though CeCe couldn't see him since the blankets covered her face. "If you take a shower while that cold, you will shock your body. That's not a good thing, CeCe. It could probably kill you."

"Oh." CeCe situated herself so she could see out of the covers. Flynn was standing in front of her, a frown still on his face. She didn't like the look on his face. "How did you know that I went to the SIU studio?"

"Ty texted me," he said, sitting down next to his sister. He leaned back on the couch, bringing his hands behind his dark head like he was so comfortable here. "He told me that you had stopped by and had a little pity party."

"What? I did not have a pity party!"

"Then why didn't you come home right after leaving the studio?" CeCe stayed silent, staring forward at the black screened TV. She couldn't help but picture her whole life that had led up to this moment. Everything seemed to be going perfectly, but somehow it ran off the rails as quickly as it could. "That's what I thought."

Snow It Up [Shake It Up]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara