16

Isabelle

"You say you're scared, but want to work in a hospital, which intrigues me,"

"I'm not scared of the hospital,"

"What are you scared of then?"

"None of the doctors seem to agree with each other, or communicate. Everyone is on different pages. Ashton wants to do chemo, so does Kaykay, but other people want me to do surgery. I stopped breathing yesterday,"

"I heard. How has that made you feel going forwards?"

"I don't like not knowing if I am going to stop being able to breathe in the next minute," I mumbled, looking at Eloise, who Ashton had sent to talk to me.

"They saved you though, they could do that again,"

"Not if it happens like, 15 times,"

"Have they told you how to look after yourself?"

"Rest,"

"Seems easy then,"

"No. I don't want to rest,"

"Well, I think you need to rest, and tell them that you need clear communication. You are their patient and it is not fair to not know," she said, resting her hand on my arm, "But I think I will leave you to have some room now, yeah?"

"Thankyou,"

"Remember, communication,"

I nodded and smiled, watching her sign herself out of the room. It was full of chairs, quite a few of them full of other patients.

Next to me was a girl, speaking to two boys beside her. I looked over at them and and one of them caught eye contact with me, so I looked back down and away.

"You look like one of my doctors,"

"Me?"

"Yeah. Dr Blaisdell,"

"She's my sister,"

"No way,"

"Er... yeah,"

"So you live with Dr Irwin and her? They seen really cool. I'm Iza by the way," he said.

"Aimee,"

"Rudy,"

"Isabelle," I said quietly, "And they are cool. They have a hammock in their house,"

"Is this your first time?"

"Yeah,"

"Well I hope you're doing okay," Aimee said, "Them working must be tough,"

"I think Kaykay is taking time off. How long have you been patients?"

"Aimee has only been here a couple of weeks, I have been here one month, and Iza a month and a half,"

"You stay?"

"I do," Rudy said, "But I think I am being let home for Christmas,"

"I honestly don't know what's going on at this point, all I know is that I have a surgery in a month, that Luke and Sierra may decide to do next week if they feel like it,"

"Luke and Sierra?"

"Dr Hemmings and Dr Deaton,"

"Sorry, I have no clue who they are," Iza laughed, "Probably because I have cancer in my leg, so I have different doctors,"

"I have leukaemia," Aimee said.

"Pancreatic," Rudy sighed, "You? If you want to say,"

"Ovarian,"