19

Isabelle

"Is now an okay time to interrupt?"

"Yeah. I hate maths anyway,"

"Oh, that sounds very important," Sierra said, giving me a small smile, "I know you're fed up of us but we have to talk,"

"I am not fed up of you. I am fed up of everything,"

"That's valid," Luke chuckled, sitting in Ashton's office chair, "We heard you want us to take control of your treatment?"

"Yes. I want to see if the chemo helps, but if it isn't helping then I want you to do the surgery. I need you two to be in control because Ashton sees me differently,"

"Thankyou for trusting us, I know it's not been easy. Can I take a seat?" Sierra asked, sitting beside me as I nodded.

"That means being harsh. Doing the right thing, and separating me from being Kaykay's sister. I know it doesn't always seem like it but I do want to live... I need to live. Do anything you have to,"

"We will. Next week we will do a scan, okay? And compare the situation,"

"Can't I have chemo everyday?"

"No way," Luke said, "Your body is gonna struggle with once a week,"

"But it will shrink faster,"

"We don't want to go too fast,"

"But,"- "I thought you wanted to listen to us?" Sierra said, nudging my arm. She smiled and I sighed, nodding.

"It's hard to breathe today,"

"Is it worse laying down or sitting up?"

"It just, it's hard,"

"That is a little concerning," Luke said, "May I listen?"

"No,"

"How come sweetheart?"

"No," I said, closing myself off, "I didn't think you would be concerned. You guys said to be honest so I was,"

"Yeah, but we have to investigate it,"

"No,"

"If you don't want me touching you then Sierra can,"

"It's not you, I just, please no,"

"Hey," he said, gently moving my arm to place his stethoscope there, "Just take deep breaths,"

I did, jumping as he listened to my back as well. Then, he rubbed my arm and hushed me, passing me some water.

"You sound a bit congested. I suggest you take a break from online school and get some fresh air. I can take you out,"

"I don't feel sick,"

"I don't think its sickness, like a cold," he sighed, "You don't have any issues like asthma, do you?"

"No,"

"We'll keep an eye on it. Telling us is really important,"

"What if I stop breathing again?"

"That's why we keep an eye on it. I don't want you to focus on your breathing all the time, but if it gets a little tighter then you tell someone you need breathing assistance. Anyone who walks past the office, okay? Someone will help,"

"Okay,"

"Do you need a hot compress or something before we get going?"

"Yes please. I need to be fed soon as well,"