Epilogue

Epilogue

Published: December 25, 2020

Updated: September 30, 2021

Almost four years later....

"Time to get up!" Draco called.

"Mmmph," Harry groaned.

"You don't need to be late, again."

"Hermione won't care."

"You should set the example being the Head Auror and all."

"Shut up. Where's breakfast?" Harry grunted from the mattress.

"Downstairs, princess. I know you'll go back to sleep if I leave you up here with it," Draco huffed.

Harry laughed. "You know me too well, my husband. Do we have enough time for a shower?"

It still thrilled Draco to hear him stay it. Three days after that Christmas, they had married. Harry said he couldn't wait another day longer. The ruling be damned. He had everyone portkey to France for the ceremony, so Blaise and Theo could be there.

"No, I let you sleep in. I will not be late for my job."

"Picky, picky," Harry said, but got up and changed via wand.

Draco huffed and went downstairs. Laelaps was at his side, maybe assisting him, maybe interested in food. Harry wasn't good at training him. He just enjoyed petting and riling him up. But the krup went with them when they went to Diagon. Murtagh loved petting him. Draco often tried to leave him money or food, but the Scot declined. He had all he needed and explained that he was wanted for aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer.

He said that wanker had tried to attack Ralphie, and he cracked his head open. No, they were staying there. He tried to dissuade him from coming, but Draco stopped by every other weekend. Murtagh admitted that he knew that Draco was from the other side of the bridge, but no one was likely to believe his tales of strange blokes in robes that don't know what electricity is.. Draco didn't Obliviate him and never would.

Harry came down a few minutes later. "Pancakes! Don't know how you can make pancakes blind, though."

"I have skills."

"A particular set of skills?"

"Shut up. I have to go. See you for dinner," Draco said, kissing him.

"No lunch?" Harry pouted.

"Sorry, honey. Blaise and Theo wanted to have lunch. Goyle is coming up, too."

"Really? How's he doing?"

"He actually is a bouncer at a muggle bar. Says he never really understood magic."

"Huh... alright, enjoy lunch with your friends. I'll feed Laelops."

"Only a cup Harry!"

"Sure, love." But Draco didn't believe him. Harry spoiled the dog rotten.

Draco walked to the front door with his bag and stick. It wasn't always necessary, but the hallways got crowded. He had first brought Laelaps with him, but the dog hated Apparating, and Draco wasn't going to take the Knight Bus every day. After the first week, he had figured out his routes easy enough, and the dog stayed home. Hermione had also figured out a sensory spell that would help him locate objects, but it was a constant spell to cast and caused a headache if he used it for too long.