Chapter 12- Leverage

Kayla's POV

I need something to fill my stomach so I can't just stay up here for the day.  But we both know that isn't going to happen.

I slowly roll out of the bed planting my feet on the ground before lifting up my head. I look down to see I wasn't in the clothes I was in last night. Wait! That means they changed me! Ew!

I slowly stand up, grabbing my head when a wave of dizziness hits me. I make my way of to the mirror to see I'm a mess a literal mess. It looks like I just got hit by a bus.

I put my hand up to my mouth to check my breath. I nearly gag from the smell. Yeah not doing that again.

I fix my hair brushing through the knotty mess then putting it up into a bun. I think head over to my bedside table taking out a mint and popping it into my mouth. I mean you never know when your gonna need a mint.

Okay now it's time to face everyone.

I open my door peeking my head out into the hallway. No one. The house seems quite like too quite. I make my way out and start to walk downstairs my feet pad along the hardwood floors. As I make my way downstairs I can hear the TV on.

So there is someone home.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs it is just Gavin sitting on the couch as he scrolls through his phone. The TV is for the background. He doesn't take notice of my presence.

I make my way to the kitchen hoping to avoid all contact with any human being for the time being. The house is too quite. Either everyone is out or they are all asleep.

I make my way over to the window behind the dining table to see only Gavin's car in the driveway and not Dads.

"Oh my God Gavin! You scared me! Why are you standing there?!" When I turned around Gavin stood in the doorway of the kitchen with his arms crossed over his chest. Looking at me.

"Clearly I came into the kitchen." He rolled his eyes making his way over to the fridge. He opens the door pulling out of a bottle of water.

"Are you going to stop staring at me?" He asks when he turns back around. Opening his water bottle and taking a sip.

I roll my eyes moving towards the presses to get some bread for some toast. "Look who is staring now?" I raise my eyebrow. From the corner of my eye I can see Gavin watching my every move as he sat down on one of the barstools.

I grab some bread putting it in the toaster. I tap my fingers impatiently against the counter. Gavin clears his throat and I turn around to face him.

"Spit it out. What do you want?" I ask raising my eyebrow. Well knowing yesterdays help doesn't come free.

"How do you know I want something?" He takes a sip out of his water bottle a smirk playing on his lips.

"Let me guess you also helped me get home last night even though I can't remember it. I also know that Ethan and Harvey will want something for their silence so spit it out." Lean back on the counter allowing it to support my body.

"Technically I have more leverage on you since I saw you came back late and__"

"No you don't or else I will tell dad about the car."

Gavin rolls his eyes. "Fine then we bought our silence with that. But you have nothing to buy my silence with this time." He leans back in his chair crossing his arms again. He is sort of buff so when he crosses his arms it makes him look bigger then he is. Plus he is like stronger then all of us. It makes him look intimidating.