Chapter 32- Not forgotten

Kaylas POV

Impulsive. That's what I am. I do stupid things without giving it a second thought. As the judge said. "It was a very stupid, impulsive decision you two kids made that night..." He wasn't wrong. But that didn't stop me.

It wouldn't help either that I stood in the spot, the courtyard. After texting Wyatt that I needed to talk.

If he doesn't come in five minutes I'm leaving. I dragged my thumb along the screen of my phone.  I had been now waiting ten minutes. Wyatt didn't live far from here. So I would give him five minutes or else I was leaving myself.

The five minutes seemed to drag on. I watched my phone clock numbers slowly change. Glancing over to the entrance multiple times but no sign.

"I'm surprised you still had my number."

Looking over my shoulder, there he stood. A red crew neck jumper matched with a pair of grey sweatpants. Not the fancy dress type. His hands carelessly shoved into his pockets. His eyes taking me in as he looked me up and down.

"Me too." I spoke up. Fully turning to him. Wyatt got closer but stopping. So there was still space between us.

"Did you think about what I had asked?" He asked, His eyes filled with hope.

"I did. But I want to ask you something." I took a small step forward.

"What?" His eyes studied me.

"I want you to give to a good reason to why you want me to help you so badly?" I asked. Taking another step closer. Closing the space between us. I studied his face.

I watched as Wyatt seemed surprised by how close I got. He sucked in a breath. "Because you care and no matter how much you try not to care, you do. I see you watching me. Your the only person who doesn't judge me for the bad actions I have done. Your the only one who can help me out of this mess." Wyatt took a step forward, closing the last bit of space between us. Our chests only a centimeter apart.

It was like he was trying to over power me with the height difference. My neck was slightly craned looking up at him. Going on my tippy toes so we were more closer in height.

"What if I turned my back on you? What if I said no?" His face fell, he didn't answer. He looked lost for words. Like I was his only hope was slipping away if he didn't convince me. "Hmm? That's exactly how I felt in Juvie. Every fucking day. You live and you learn, isn't that right? But I'm better then how you acted because I know what it's like to lose a family member. That's something your parents should never go through. All because you wanted to earn some sort of loyalty in Juvie. Even though I would of had your back in a heartbeat. But clearly you wouldn't."

I took a breathe before continuing. "If you want me to help you Wyatt. I need you to show me that you want this help. I can only do so much, the rest is up to you." Getting off my tippy toes. I let out a breath of relief.

Wyatt was quiet, like he was still processing what I just said. "What do you need me to do?" It was like a flip of a switch. His neck was craned to look down at me. His eyes traveling desperately around my face for an answer.

"I want you to tell your little supplier friend to stop. Tell him that you don't want drugs off of Adam and Faith anymore. You don't owe them shit. Then once you do that. I want you to get rid of everything you have left of your supply. Can you do that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. Awaiting for answer.