Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...

Third Person

1 Year Ago...

Two teenagers sat upon a powerful businessman. He was currently looking at the painting that had been placed infront of him. Brought in by Kayla.

This was big for both Kayla and Wyatt. To even get this meeting was big. This man was always busy so they literally had to squeeze in this meeting. It was a reality now sitting in his skyline building, in his big office filled with windows which looked out upon the city.

He leaned forward on his table, interwinding his fingers. "How much are you looking for this painting?"

"We want what it's worth, fifty grand..." Wyatt started.

"And put into one of your galleries." Kayla added. Giving Wyatt the side eyes.

"Well I can give you both. This is a very beautiful painting and I need this piece." This man knew exactly what he was doing. He knew these were mere teenagers and they lacked any knowledge about how these types of offers works. He just waited for them to fall into their own trap.

Wyatt and Kayla looked at eachother both slightly wide eyed. They didn't think it would be this simple. They thought there would of been a lot more debating.

"We will take it." Wyatt spoke up.

A sly smile grew on the mans face. They were falling. "A handshake to seal the deal?" The man asked.

"Of course." Wyatt stood up shaking the mans hand. Kayla followed in pursuit.

"Well that's all for today." The man stood up fixing his suit jacket. "I'll lead you to the door."

They both followed. Walking with the man to the door.

Just as Kayla was about to leave she felt as if she had forgotten something. "Oh sorry I think I left my phone on the chair."

"I'll grab it." The man walked back to the chair grabbing her phone and then handing it to her.

"Thank you again. This means so much to me." Kayla sent him one last smile before catching up with Wyatt.

Once the man closed the door. Faith had been sealed. They had fallen into the trap. Something that fortune to another brought misery to the other...

Kayla's POV

Present Time...

"Kayla! It's time to get u..what the fuck is he doing in your bed?!"

My soul never left my body so quick. I literally fell out of the bed from the fright the person gave me from shouting. Blinking a couple of times until I was brought back to my senses.

Lee sat up against my headboard his eyes wide, he was now also wide awake. Gavin stood in the doorway his fists clenched at his side. His jaw tensing.

"What the fuck are you doing in my sister's bed?!" Gavin advanced towards Lee. I never stood up so quickly. I moved over to Gavin, blocking his way so he couldn't reach Lee.

"Gavin calm down it's not what it looks like."

Gavin glanced to me and then back to Lee. "That's what they all say when something is going on. We don't need to worry about you fucking Wyatt cause your doing it with him." Gavin was going to advance towards Lee again but I placed my hands on his chest pushing him back a bit.