Chapter 31- Shopping

Kaylas POV

Days have slowly passed by. The same routine everyday. It was like I had been stuck in a loop. A loop I wanted to escape. It consisted of me waking up, going to school, coming home, dinner, and then sleeping.

I hadn't left my house barley at all. Which was weird to me.

Before we knew it Tara was coming home. Dad and Louise had left to collect her as we were all told to strictly stay at home to welcome her.

I sat on my bed looking over our room. Louise had cleaned it yesterday along with the involuntary help of me. I didn't let her touch anything on my side.

It would be weird to have Tara back in the room for a while. Since that meant I wouldn't have much freedom or privacy.

"They are pulling up into the driveway." Ethan had barged into the room, leaving the door open as he left. I let out a sigh.

Standing back up, I took one last glance at the room before heading downstairs. Everyone else was sitting in the sitting room. Their attention coming to me.

"Sit down and act natural." Gavin spoke up.

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you trying to make it seem like we are normal and get along? Cause that's far from us." I walked straight past them into the kitchen.

There was no need to act. Especially infront of Tara. She knew that we were way far from normal.

Pulling out a glass and getting myself a glass of water. I could hear the front door being opened. Everyone jumping off the couch to go say hi.

"Where's Kayla?" Dad voice had caught my attention. It was now time for me to make an appearance. I stood in the doorway looking at them all.

"I'm here Dad." He looked over at me nodding. The sound of my voice caught Tara's attention.

She stood, Tara. Her brown hair with blonde highlights sat perfectly just below her shoulders. Her freshly sun kissed skin complimenting her bright blue eyes, Identical to Dads. Tara had a perfect white teeth smile. With her perfect summer dress and perfect life. Everything about Tara was perfect. It had to be perfect.

When she pulled out of a hug from Ethan. Her attention turned to me. A big smile on her lips. Three...Two...One...

"Kayla come here!" Tara held her arms open for me to go hug her. I made no movement.

Dad's eyes had came into view. He was giving me a warning look. Letting out another sigh. I moved over to Tara's awaiting arms. She wrapped her ones around me. But mine just held on loosely to her.

"It's good to see you Kayls and not through a phone screen." Tara let out a small laugh. I didn't laugh back.

I awkwardly patted her back. "It's Kayla. I wish I could say the same about you."

Tara pulled away, looking at me wide eyed and then slightly pushing me. "Rude."

I just sent her a smile.

"So Tara what are your plans today?" Gavin had spoken up. Pulling the attention off me.

"I'm only in the door." Tara had retracted her arms.