Chapter 18

Hey guys! So I just wanted to let you know that for the most part, the rest of the story will be not based of the books. There will be small bits that will be(most likely surrounding Jane and Charles when they come into the story), but most won't. If you don't like that kind of thing I think that last woudn't be a terrible ending if you didn't want to continue reading, but I really hope that you like my chapters coming up as well.

Thank you!!

~~~

It’s 30 minutes and Elizabeth and William have been laying on the bed, wrapped in each other’s arms while they discuss everything that has happened that they couldn’t before. They spoke of the first Will confessed his feelings and how they both truly felt after it all. They spoke of the contents of the letter and lastly, they spoke of when their feelings changed.

“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It was too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun. What about you Lizzie? When did your feelings change?”

“I feel the same as you do. I don’t think I can really pinpoint an exact moment that I started to feel something for you. It would be easy to say when I met you again at Rosings, but even before then I felt something for you, I was just too prejudiced and stubborn to admit it.”

The conversation continued on in a similar fashion. Every so often, one of them would become so elated that they could finally talk about their feelings that they would lean over and place a short, but sincere kiss on the other’s mouth. 

After they exhausted every topic that needed to be discussed, they decided to go down to the kitchen and start on super before Anne and Georgiana got home. 

“Will” Lizzie turned from where she was cutting vegetables for their meal. “ you realize that your mother and sister weren’t expecting you at home until another week and will ask why you came?”

He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist while resting his chin on her shoulder. “Yes I do. Why can’t I just tell them the truth?” he asked, slightly confused.

She turned in his arms, wrapping her arms around his waist. “I guess we could, but before I continue I want you to know that I’m not suggesting this because I’m embarrassed to be with you or something because if anything you should be embarrassed by me.” He gave her a look that she could tell meant that he was about protest, but she needed to say this, so she put her finger to his lips. “I know you don’t think that and that’s another reason why I love you so much, but I’m just making a point.”At her words expressing her love his look of protest melted into a look of pure love and delight which made her stomach flip.

“Anyway, as I was saying, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind maybe keeping our relationship a secret for a bit. I understand if you don’t want to because I want to tell everyone myself, but I think it might be for the best if we keep quiet for a bit just to get used to this change. I also don’t want to be known as the boss’ girlfriend at Pemberley. You have to remember that we weren’t really on the best of terms before you left so I don’t really know how everyone will take it. Maybe if we pretend to be just friends for a little while to slowly work people up to the news. What do you think?” she finished quietly, trying to hide her uncertainty from his.

He, however, noticed and wanted to put her at ease. William tilted her chin up to his face and gave her a reassuring smile. “I understand what you're saying Lizzie. As much I want to yell from the rooftops that Elizabeth Bennet loves me as much as I love her, I do understand. If it makes you feel better than we can keep it secret for a while I just don’t know how I’m going to be able to not be near you all the time. You might get sick of me after all the time I’m with you.” He chuckled.

She returned it with a laugh. “It’s impossible for me to get sick of you.”

“Well then I think that we are in agreement. We will keep it a secret and I will control myself in public, but I hope you know that when we’re in private that most certainly won’t be the case.” He added cheekily.

“Good, I’m counting on it.” With that they both leaned in at the same time and became much more pleasantly occupied and completely forgot about dinner. The kiss started to become more passionate and Will lifted Lizzie up onto the counter beside the cutting board. They were both so wrapped up in each other that they didn’t hear the car pull into the drive until the front door opened and Anne could be heard coming inside. That caused them both to quickly pull apart and Lizzie to jump off the counter. They were both panicked as they tried to right their appearance and then go back to their original task of making dinner.

Anne came into the kitchen and practically screeched in shock. 

“Will! You’re home early! Why? Is something wrong?” She ran over to him and gave him a huge hug. 

He chuckled. “No mom, nothing is wrong. I just finished all my meetings early and decided to come home.”

“Well I guess you can only take so much of Catherine. I still can’t believe how much she has changed since we were girls, but it is still so great you’re back. I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too mom. I shouldn’t be travelling for a while so no more missing me.”

“I’m glad.” She then looked around at Lizzie and saw the kitchen. “What are you guys doing?”

That’s where Lizzie cut in. “We decided that since we were already home that we could make dinner for you and Georgie.”

“Well that’s very sweet of you two. Do you need any help?”

William guided his mother out of the kitchen saying “no we can manage perfectly fine. Besides Georgie is almost home and by then it will be ready so just relax.”

~~~

The meal ended up being great and so was the company. Georgiana was elated at her brother’s early arrival and could barely contain her excitement. After the meal everyone sat in the family and decided to play a board to pass the time. 

Soon, everyone went up to their rooms and Lizzie and Will conveniently we’re the last ones to par. The small amount of privacy given was enough for them to exchange a small goodnight kiss before they parted. Both of them went to bed with a smile on their face that night.