24: Confidence

(Mai's POV)

As we're thinking of what to do to find her I realize something.

I pull out my phone, "hey guys! I think I have an idea!" They all turn to me and run over. Of course though, Tom is the first one to get over to me with a hopeful look on his face.

"What is it?!" He asks.

"Well me, Sami, and Y/n all have a phone tracker app just in case of an emergency." I say.

"Oh yeah! But didn't her's start acting weird and not working?" Sami asks.

"Yeah but maybe we can get it to work." I say.

"Ok then."

I go to the tracker app on my phone and it loads. We all sit there impatiently waiting to see if it works.

Then it slowly shows the locations, first it says that Sami is 0 miles away. Y/n's location is still loading.

They it says she cannot be found.

Everyone sighs, this was our first little bit of hope. They all walk away and start to think of other things that could work.

I click on her name and it says I need a password to find her location.

"Sami!" I say and she runs back over to me. "It says we just need her phone number and password to track her!"

"Really?? Ok!" She grabs her phone and opens Y/n's contact. She shows me so I can type it into the app.

"Ok now we need her password." I say. At this point Tom has come back over to us to see if it will work.

"Shit I don't know what her password would be." Sami says.

"I remember she told us that she had the same password for almost everything." I say.

"Yeah but, what is it?" Sami asks.

We're all silent as we try to think of what her password could be.

"Well, do you think it could have her birthday?" Haz asks.

Then Sami's eyes widen and she gets a huge smile on her face.

"You ok Sami?" Tom asks.

"Can you stop asking people that?" I ask. He glares at me.

"Yeah, it's just, I remember what her password may be!" Sami says.

Tom immediately stops glaring at me and he turns towards Sami with a hopeful look. "R-really?"

"Yeah! Mai give me your phone." Sami says and I do.

Sami quickly starts typing at the keyboard. We all watching as she presses the 'enter' button.
———————————————
(Your POV)

Luke must have taken my purse thinking that my phone was in it. The thing is, it's not.

Tom gave me his jacket and I put my phone in there. My phone was also on silent because I turned on silent mode in the restaurant. I don't really remember why but I'm glad I did.

Luke is smart, but he isn't that smart. I always beat him in arguments with good points. He always thought he won though because he would yell so much at me that it would scare me.

I try not to think about that. He was horrible to me but I was too I love with him to end it.

He used to hit me and get mad at me for the simplest things. Looking back I don't know how I ever liked him in the first place.

As I'm thinking I hear faint footsteps.

Shit

The steps get louder and louder. I take a deep breath preparing myself.

"Hey babe, you hungry?" Luke asks. Now he is right in front of me.

I just stare at the ground without saying anything.

"Well too bad, you're not getting any food." He says I scoff. "I've seen your missing posters online, your friends must really care about you." He says and my mind goes to Tom. I can't imagine how Tom feels right now.

"You gonna say something or do I have to talk to your hair? Because it's not talking back." He says and I continue to ignore him. "Listen you little bitch you better look at me now or I'm going to smack that attitude right out of you."

I look up and at him hesitantly. I really don't want him to hit me.

"There you go. Now tell me, how long do you think your friends will want to keep looking for you before they give up?" When I don't respond he looks me up and down. Then his eyes stay on my chest.

"Ooh, talking to your chest is quite nice but I need you to answer me." He says and his eyes snap back up to my eyes.

"Fuck you." I say angrily.

"Oh wow, look at you being all confident! Say something else, you won't." I roll my eyes and sigh.

"You're an idiot you know that? You bring me here for what? To make me listen to you insult me? News flash, your words don't hurt me anymore. I've found someone who actually cares for me unlike you did. So don't call me a bitch when you know you sure as hell are the son of one." I say and he doesn't reply. He is furious and I get flashbacks to when he used to yell at me.

I know that I shouldn't say anything and risk pushing him too far. But he deserves it.

"And Tom, yeah he's amazing. Perfect body, perfect face, perfect smile, perfect hair. He's a gentleman, he's respectful, responsible, mature, kind, funny, and of course charming as hell. Something you never were. And his kisses, oh god. The guy can kiss so well. His lips are soft and delicate yet his kisses are passionate. The way he puts his arms around me when we cuddle, I can't help but fall asleep. When he puts his hands on my waist, oh wow. The area burns when he takes his hands away. And my hand fits perfectly with his. He's aware of my feelings and makes sure I'm comfortable with anything that happens. I think that's something we never had." When I finish Luke puts a hand over his face.

He takes his hand down and looks at me. "You're going to regret saying that."

Then he smacks me right across the face.