Chapter 9: Rediscovery

Lucas: "Wait, if the constellations feed on stories, what's the point of having followers at all? It seems like a waste of time."

Loki: "The followers are supposed to spread the stories, making the constellations more powerful in the process. Now, the real question is, why would constellations want coins if all they need are stories?"

Shen: "Well, the coins would help their incarnations become stronger, adding more stories and spreading the stories they have, so it kind of would be an investment. I think. There's probably more."

(Y/N) sighed while listening to their conversation, not exactly sure what they were talking about. It was apparently some sort of novel they all liked from Loki's world. Something called Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint...? Eh, he'll ask later.

After four entire months of living in Beacon Academy, (Y/N) got used to hearing team SLLL's usual antics, to the point where they would just relax in his room during the morning. It was like having roommates, but they were all you. Kind of.

Looking over the kitchen counter, (Y/N) saw Liam sitting on the couch, watching the news. Or at least, that was what he was watching. He kept on switching channels every few seconds, getting quickly bored of whatever was on.

(Y/N): "Well, looks like you're invested."

At the sound of his voice, Liam suddenly stopped, leaving the tv on the news. He turned his head away, hiding his face from (Y/N).

At first, (Y/N) was worried about what just happened. But after seeing the sudden turn, a revelation was made in (Y/N)'s head.

(Y/N): "Oh. He's embarrassed."

When (Y/N) first started talking with team SLLL, he assumed he was the cold silent type. A kind of person that never smiles and always walks a lonesome road. The kind many people consider as 'dark' and 'edgy'.

But you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Because the truth was...

Liam was just shy.

(Y/N) took his plate of food and walked over to Liam, leaving the other three behind. They were all too focused to realize what was happening with the two. Not that they would do anything if they knew.

As (Y/N) walked up to him, Liam turned his head further away, a hidden blush on his face. Something only enhanced when he heard (Y/N) sit next to him.

(Y/N): "Hey, it's fine Liam. I was just teasing you."

Liam looked back at (Y/N), a questioning gaze on his face to hide his true feelings. This immediately failed. After all, Liam was still a part of him.

(Y/N): "I... I don't know what happened in your life, or Lucas's for that matter, but you're still a part of me. You don't have to be so nervous."

Liam stared, not showing a single trace of emotion on his face.

Until eventually talking back.

Liam: "...Why are you so calm with us? With me? What makes me easier to talk with compared to Ruby or Blake?"

(Y/N) paused, not expecting that question in the slightest. He never truly realized how sudden his personality would flip from extremely shy to almost extrovertish. It was something he could never have all the answers to.

But there may have been one reason.

(Y/N): "... If I were to say anything, it's harder for me to meet people than talk with them... I... don't know how to start a conversation right... but you guys? It feels like I've been with you my entire life... probably because we were, but I just didn't know it."