Chapter 4: Beacon Academy

???: "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem then people let on."

Ruby giggled in enjoyment, loving the embarrassment on the other boy's face

This was Jaune Arc. Otherwise known as vomit boy because of what happened at the airship.

You see, right after (Y/N) and Ruby became friends, Jaune walked over to talk with the two of them. They hit it off almost instantly, and then decided to stay together while they were at Beacon.

Now? They were walking around the academy, looking for wherever they had to go.

Ruby: "Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind."

Jaune: "Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?"

Ruby: "Hey, that explosion was an accident!"

Annoyed at how the conversation was turning, Jaune tried to give a more proper introduction to Ruby and (Y/N).

Jaune: "Listen, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!"

The moment Jaune said this, Ruby stared skeptically at him, not believing it in the slightest.

Ruby: "Do they?"

And as Ruby said this, Jaune's mood quickly shifted from confident to hesitant.

Jaune: "They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind."

Ruby giggled as he finished talking, enjoyed by the mannerisms of Jaune. But that soon fell into an awkward silence, with no one knowing what to say next.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) remained silent. Seeing Jaune and Ruby talk with each other... have fun...

He didn't want to be rude.

Seeing the opportunity arise, however, (Y/N) tried to insert himself into the conversation.

(Y/N): "So... What type of weapons do you guys have?"

The second the word 'weapons' was mentioned, Ruby shot up.

Ruby: "OOH! Let me!"

Not wasting a heartbeat, Ruby moved a few feet away, making sure that Jaune and (Y/N) weren't too close to her. There, looking around the premise, she prepared herself to unleash her weapon.

And then, she pulled out the red gun from her waist, spinning it into a scythe.

The scythe was considerably taller than Ruby, being around six feet in height. It was also extremely heavy, weighing much more than what would be normal for a girl her size to carry. And, while not noticeable at face value, tons of mechanisms were in place for it to be able to transform.

Overall, extremely strong and complicated.

Ruby held the scythe to her side and posed with it.

Ruby: "Ta da!"

And after watching all of that, (Y/N) couldn't help but be impressed. He never really got a good look at her scythe before, so seeing it so close was absolutely amazing.

Jaune had a similar reaction, although more vocal and shocked compared to his.

Jaune: "Whoa! Is that a scythe?"

Ruby looked at the two, proud of their reactions.

Ruby: "It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!"

Jaune: "A-wha..."

(Y/N): "A gun."

Jaune: "Oh. That's cool."