Chapter 10: The Date

Lucas: "For dad's sake, it counts! How the hell would asking him on a date not count as a confession!?"

Loki: "Technically, a date is when a person shows possible interest in the partner. She didn't specifically say it, so it doesn't count."

(Y/N): "Can you please tell me what the hell you two are talking about? You haven't said anything all week!"

Shen: "We'll tell you when you're older."

(Y/N) scoffed in frustration, plopping himself back onto his couch. Ever since Yang asked him to hang out on Friday, Lucas and Loki have been fighting daily. And he had no idea what they were talking about.

Over the week, (Y/N) acted normal in front of everyone, but he was secretly anxious for whenever Ozpin would send him the documents. It's been three days since he asked, and Ozpin hasn't mentioned anything to him. An annoyance throughout his week, no doubt.

But not just that. He hated seeing Jaune around Cardin, knowing exactly what was going on. He knew he shouldn't help Jaune, to let him grow on his own, but it didn't make him feel any better. He felt so useless, only hoping the best for him.

And then there was the fact that Yang started getting a lot closer to him. He would notice that Yang always moved closer and closer to him in class, that she would start asking more and more questions towards him, and how her smile got significantly wider than before.

But... through all that, he noticed something. Something he doubted anyone else would realize.

Because the truth was...

Everything she did was forced.

And he would know that.

He does the same after all.

After a while of being at Beacon, he couldn't help but wonder why he acted so strangely. He was being fake to them, and he didn't know why.

But he didn't have time to think about that. He was supposed to go on a field trip tomorrow, see if Jaune is going to do something horrible with Cardin, hang out with Yang, check in with Ozpin...

So, so much he had to do.

And he didn't know where to start.

Lucas: "Fine! The date's tomorrow anyways, so I'll prove it to you there. Deal!?"

Loki: "Alright. Deal."

Loki and Lucas shook their hands, both in agreement with their compromise. They both would never back down from a challenge against each other, and this was no exception.

But when they were done, Lucas paused. He noticed (Y/N) looking down, stress throughout his entire body.

And he knew what he had to do.

Lucas waved his hand in the air, bringing the attention to the rest of team SLLL without alerting (Y/N).

And seeing Lucas do this, they all nodded in agreement, leaving back into the soul scape.

Lucas walked up to (Y/N), putting his hand on top of his shoulder. He stared with a concerned gaze, hoping he would open up to him.

Lucas: "Hey (Y/N)... you alright there?"

(Y/N) looked back, seeing the emerald eyes look into his soul for an answer. And all he could do was scoff and shake his head.

(Y/N): "What do you think? Ozpin hasn't done anything this past week, I have to stare at Cardin manipulating Jaune all day, Yang is acting weirder and weirder around me, and I can't fucking think anymore without you guys yelling through an argument with each other! So what the fuck do you think!?"