Chapter 11: Recon

Loki: "I can't believe you didn't see the email for an entire month..."

(Y/N): "How was I supposed to know it was sent!? Ozpin didn't tell me!"

Loki: "He did tell you! It was the email itself!"

(Y/N): "I didn't even know what an email was for most of my life! And you told me not to open them up anyway!"

Loki: "THOSE WERE SPAM EMAILS! NOT ACTUAL ONES!"

(Y/N): "HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT!?"

Loki groaned in frustration, unhappy that his soul was a part of someone as unknowledgeable about electronics as this. Not knowing what spam emails are? They're pretty fucking obvious!

But he wasn't the only one. (Y/N) was also annoyed by himself for not seeing it. He would never think that Ozpin would send him the email on the same day he went on that 'date' with Yang. He was unfocused, and it cost him time.

(Y/N) stared down at the keyboard in disappointment.

(Y/N): "... Look, I'm-"

But before he could finish, Loki quickly cut him off.

Loki: "Yeah, yeah... Listen, I'm not that mad at you. I just wish we found the email earlier. Let's just... go read it now."

(Y/N) stared, taking in what Loki just said. But he didn't question it and decided to look back at the email in front of him.

The month went fairly quickly in Beacon. Yang and him got along better, Ruby was the same, only this time getting a lot of help for finals, Weiss would hang out for long periods of time, and every now and then he would discuss with Blake about a new book they read. Compared to when they first arrived, it was very... calming.

But that was only at the actual academy. In his soul scape was a whole different story. Shen would constantly train him in ranged combat, Loki would give him tons of different books to learn from, Lucas would spar with him in hand to hand combat weakly, and Liam... was there. He mostly just watched and helped out whenever he was bored.

But there was one thing they never did.

They would never use their abilities.

Now, they never explicitly told him they had special powers or anything of the sort, but to (Y/N)? It was obvious. Liam would inexplicitly disappear and appear at random places, Lucas said his dad was God every now and then, Loki told him he lived in a world full of superheroes, and Shen was a half angel half devil! They obviously could do more than just kick, punch, and swing a sword around.

But not just that. It was the names. 'Painsexual', 'Bloody Mess', and 'Emo Ghost'. Well, Emo Ghost and Painsexual he could kind of get. But Bloody Mess? What made Loki be called Bloody Mess?

It was like they were hiding their abilities from him.

But why?

(Y/N): "...Hey, Loki. Why are you-"

Loki: "Whoa. Now that's interesting."

Hearing Loki say this, (Y/N) immediately turned his head to look at what he just read. What did he see about Anvil?

And looking at the document ahead, he read one thing.

Branch 1: Personnel Weaponry

Branch 2: Aura Weaponry

Branch 3: Grimm Weaponry

Branch 4: Chemical Weaponry

Branch 5: Robotic Weaponry

Branch 6: Biological Weaponry

(Y/N): "...The company is split up?"

Loki nodded his head while staring at the list.