Chapter 7: Bonding

(Y/N): "So your energy is stored in your wings?"

Shen: "Yeah. It stores large amounts of demonic and angelic power, allowing me to transform into different forms depending on which energy I choose."

(Y/N): "That's amazing! What happens when you use both?"

Shen: "*chuckle* Well, that's my trump card."

(Y/N): "Whoa..."

The more (Y/N) learned about Shen, the more fascinated he became. You see, right after he awoke from his slumber, very lately I should add, (Y/N) saw Shen sitting next to him. It startled him at first, but after a small explanation, Shen informed (Y/N) that they could talk in the real world.

And talk, they did.

(Y/N): "What kind of other people live in your world?"

Shen: "Oh, loads. Dwarves, elves, dragons, demons, fairies, elementals... some others I can't think of at the top of my head. So, so many people, each vastly different from each other, creating a sort of... chaotic order."

(Y/N): "So were you normal in your world? Or were you still special?"

Shen: "*chuckle* After everything I've been through? I'd be shocked if anyone would be considered normal at that point."

(Y/N) stared in awe, taking in everything he was hearing. It was like the protagonist of a book came to life in front of him and retold his story. But it was real. Well... kind of.

Shen watched this all unfold, a small smile on his lips as he saw (Y/N)'s expression. However, he quickly dropped it and instead stared at the ground, embarrassed.

Shen: "Hey... Sorry for making you leave yesterday. That was... rude."

(Y/N), seeing this sudden change, quickly panicked.

(Y/N): "No, no, no. It's fine. I touched a wound I shouldn't have. I get it."

Shen: "No, we should've answered instead of kicking you out. You went through a lot and needed clarity... I'm sorry for doing that to you. I should have just helped you out."

Seeing the disappointment written on Shen's face, (Y/N) paused for a second. And when he was done, he let a soft smile spread on his face.

(Y/N): "Really, it's nothing. Thank you though."

Hearing his thanks, Shen smiled and nodded his head. But then, he thought for a moment, and asked (Y/N) a question.

Shen: "Do you... still want to know why you're special?"

(Y/N) pulled back, shocked with what Shen said. Was he really that guilty over what happened? It wasn't that big of a problem.

But knowing he would just continue trying to appease him, (Y/N) gave up on stopping him.

(Y/N): "Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

Happy he said yes, Shen grinned and stood up, preparing for a long explanation.

Shen: "Before I can go into what makes you able to do this, I need to discuss the four parts of a person."

(Y/N): "Four parts?"

Shen: "Yes, the four parts of a person. Mind, Body, Soul, and Paradox."

At that point, (Y/N) was absolutely confused. Mind and Body he could easily figure out, and Soul he had a vague idea with what he was talking about. But the moment he said Paradox, all of that logic left him.

(Y/N): "Wait, what? Paradox? What the hell is that?"

Shen: "Let me explain the other three first. Paradox is the most... interesting of the four, so I'll save that for last."