Ch15: Flesh & Blood

There was no evidence of Chat Noir's mess in Felix's office the next morning. The shattered candle was gone and the floor was spotless. Had Felix already swept it up? Did that mean he was already here at 5 am? Or could it have been the cleaning ladies? Darn. My whole point in coming so early was to clean up the damage before he had a chance to see.

I rushed over to his desk to find that the picture had been moved back to its original position - propped up against a coffee cup. Felix's computer was on the docking station as a screen saver of different landscapes flashed across the screen. I couldn't remember if it was there last night or not.

Next, my view landed on the couch to find a suit jacket, pants, and tie draped over the back. Steam pouring from a closed-door positioned near the couch and TV. This entire time, I had thought that door was an office supply closet. Then why would it be steaming? As I focused my eyes, it seemed that lights were on inside the closet.

Should I go and open it? Had someone else broken into Felix's office?

With slow steps, I made my way over with a pen in hand in case I needed to stab someone (not that the pen would actually make a difference).

I jiggling the heated doorknob, only to discover it was locked. Pressing my head against the brown wood, my ears were filled with rushing water colliding against cement. Then silence. Was this a bathroom? And did that mean that Felix was -

The door quickly pulled open and I found myself inches away from a shirtless Felix whose only covering was his black boxers.

I screamed, taking several steps backward until I lost my balance and fell on my bum. Now I had a better view of his entire body - it seemed to have a strange pale glow that reminded me of a vampire.

My eyes started at his neck and steadily traveled down. While he was no bodybuilder, his chest and arms were strung with enough muscle that revealed ab and bicep definition. His toned chest was smooth and hairless as if he frequently shaved. My eyes quickly passed over his short boxers, landing on his long legs. Even his calves and quadriceps looked like they had been sculpted by marvel with clear lines between muscles.

I wasn't expecting him to be so fit. Who knew that under those professional layers Felix was secretly the statue of David? Okay. I couldn't lie to myself or ignore that fact that I was attracted to him. I radiated with heat and had no doubt that my face was probably patching with blush as if I'd rolled around in a bed of poison ivy.

"You done now?" Felix said, his words drawing my eyes back to his head. I noticed his blonde hair was a shade darker and beaded with water droplets that glistened in the artificial light. He must had just taken a shower.

He wore an expression I'd never seen before: his face was stern but his eyes revealed that maybe...just maybe he felt slightly uncomfortable with me looking him up and down.

I sealed my eyes shut, "I didn't know you were in there!"

"It's a little late to be closing your eyes now, don't you think?"

"Better late than never," I said in the most hesitant, awkward voice ever.

There was a pause.

"Get off the ground. It's unprofessional," his words were commanding. I could only imagine the terrible scowl my eyelids were shielding me from as I stumbled to my feet in complete darkness, balancing my weight against my low heels.

I heard him walk past me and stop. Chilled water speckles splattered against my cheeks, accompanied with the sound of flipping hair. The sound of fabric brushing against skin shortly followed. He must be dressing himself.