Ch:12 Confession

"You've kept me waiting, Ms. Dupain-Cheng," Felix said the next morning. He was positioned on the black leather couch, his leg crossed and his arm extended across the back. He held his phone in hand as he typed with his fingers. Why wasn't he sitting at his desk like normal? And why was he waiting for me?

 Why wasn't he sitting at his desk like normal? And why was he waiting for me?

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I slept through my alarm," I said, standing a few feet before him.

"There's nothing I hate more than excuses," he said, stuffing his phone in the hidden pocket of his black suit jacket.

"It won't happen again. I promise!" I pressed my hands together and intertwined my fingers.

He cocked his head, his eyes sweeping over my frame, just like he did every time he saw me for the first time in a day.

"Looks like it was a rough night."

Was he trying to tell me I looked bad?

The strange look on his face caused me to do a double take of my outfit. Oops. I just realized that my one shoe was black and the other was navy. They both looked black when I put them on this morning. Served me right for having the same shoes in different colors. Too make matters worse, my violet blouse was wrinkled due to my reckless folding. No doubt, I looked like a slob.

"I didn't get much sleep," I said, feeling the need to justify my poor wardrobe decisions.

"Why?"

I stiffened, surprised by his question. Why would he want to know? It was personal. And he never asked me personal questions.

"I guess I was a little overwhelmed from yesterday. With the Akuma attack and all," I said, thinking of the Eel Miraculous.

He stared at me, his lips slightly parted. If there was one thing I'd learned about Felix it was that he could care less about awkward pauses.

"So...why were you waiting for me? Was there something you needed me to do?" I asked.

"Please sit with me," he said, uncrossing his legs and tapping the small space next to him.

My eyes grew wide as I tried to imagine why. Were his intentions for once non-platonic and unprofessional?

"Relax. I only want to discuss an important matter with you."

I hesitantly took a seat, shielding my reddening cheeks with my hair as I lowered my head. I felt ashamed for even thinking those spicy things about his intentions and even more embarrassed that he was able to tell. My darn blushing must have given it away. Of course, he had no unprofessional feelings for me. He had no feelings at all.

"Look me eyes when I'm talking to you," his voice was crisp.

Blue.