Ch37: Spider Webs

There was no place on earth cleaner than Felix's penthouse.

After forcing Felix out of the fountain, I decided it'd be best to take him somewhere he could sleep. I tried to navigate us to the room where I'd gotten this yellow dress in hopes that we could change, but the journey was taking too long and I kept getting lost. In the end, Lila's words came to my mind as I remembered her mention that Felix had a penthouse. If that was true, I wanted to take him there.

All I had to do was google where Felix Agreste lived and the address popped right up. I felt a tad bit of disbelief since it was hard for me to imagine him living anywhere that wasn't his office.

I retrieved his car keys from his pant pocket much to his resistance and located where his car was parked outside the gala. Thankfully, no one important saw us leave - oh, how weird it would have looked: me in a wet dress basically carrying a shirtless man. I would have died if I ran into Natalie or Mr. Agreste.

I ended up strapping Felix in the back seat of his car before sliding in the driver's seat - then I immediately turned on child lock so he wouldn't try to jump out. The circumstance was frightening considering I'd never driven a sports car and I'd never managed a drunk person. It didn't help matters that Felix insisted we listen to Baby Shark over and over. Such a jittery, stressful song that only put me more on edge.

He sang the words at the top of his lungs and even flung his arms around in an attempt to dance. It was actually quite disturbing to see such regal man reduced to a babbling child. It reminded of all those YouTube videos of grown men weeping or acting juvenile after getting their wisdom teeth removed. Was that what being drunk was like? Apparently.

After managing to direct Felix into the apartment building's elevator and having an awkward encounter with the 'Karen' next door, we were finally here in Felix's "house."

The overall style was modern and strangely empty - like a home devoid of all life

The overall style was modern and strangely empty - like a home devoid of all life. The blank walls were lined with long windows reaching towards a high ceiling. White couches. A glossy black piano to the side. A fancy chandelier budding with circular light bulbs. City lights and starlight shining through the window.

There was no TV. I guess that shouldn't come as surprise since I could hardly imagine Felix being a normal guy and watching an action movie or fishing show. Instead one of the walls was lined with a tall dark wooded shelf filled with thick books. Now that was more like my Felix.

Despite the potential dust the books could create, the area was spotless - so clean I could eat off the floor. And the air - it spelled .... well, I always imagined his home would smell like vanilla, much like his office. Instead, the air was scented with coconut and almonds (probably from the seven candles resting on the counter - the man really did love his candles). The scent almost reminded me of my own shampoo.

I snapped out of my exploration mode and refocused on the dying man around my neck. Felix's face had grown redder as his temperature rose. He literally felt as if he may burst into flames.