37

[Warning: Sorry if I have typos.]

Paige.

"Seatbelts."

Blake said when I got inside his car. I wore the belt over my chest and placed my bag and wallet on my lap and he started driving.

[Hi Puppy, long time no see.]

My eyes widened when I heard a familiar sound of AI (Artificial Intelligence). "Screech?" I said in surprise looking for the helmet. "He's alive?" I looked at Blake who had his arm leaned on his windows side while one hand held the wheel.

"Obviously." He said without taking his eyes off the road.

I just nodded and looked at my window. How did he move his AI from the helmet to the car? Well I guess it's possible. As he drove, awkwardness filled us in. Ugh!

I crossed my arms on my chest. It's been so long since I've been in the same car as him. I never thought that this day would ever come. After we broke up I didn't see the reason for us to be this physically close, but look at where we are now. Ugh! I hate this!

We were covered with awkward silence as he drove. I just kept my eyes focused on the window.

"Where do you live?" He asked while keeping his eyes on the road. I frowned. "Why do you want to know where I live?"

He stopped the car when we reached a stop light. He bit his lower lip to stifle his smile. "I meant your address."

"Why on earth should I tell you my address?" I crossed my arm. "You can drop me off in the city, I'll just grab a cab to get to my condo."

"At this hour of the night?" He raised his brow at me. "Do you even know what ruckus you could cause if people see you out in the streets?"

"So what? Why should you care." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't." He said coldly.

I laughed sarcastically. "Is it your priority to get me home safely?"

"My sister's orders are my priority."