08

Paige.

I stepped away from Blake, he just stood there locking his eyes on mine, I scoffed and turned around leaving him there by himself.

I walked out of the school and was greeted by the dark night sky. I continued to walk and stared blankly at the parking lot. What am I going to do now?

I took out my phone to call Aiden but it was lowbat. I could just walk to the dorm, it won't be that far although it's dark.

I turned around and suddenly bumped my head on a man's chest. The man gasped. Suddenly the pain on my forehead seared again. Shit! I forgot all about it.

I looked up to the man and saw Kile, his hair looked fresh from the shower and he was wearing a hoodie. He immediately cupped my face and examined my gauzed forehead. "Watch where you're going." He said in a low voice.

I nodded then he took his hands off my face and placed them in his pockets.

I stepped backward a bit but we both didn't move. "I heard what happened." He didn't look at me and kept his eyes on the ground.

"Uh huh." I looked at him, his face seemed like he wanted to say something but his mouth said otherwise. I peeked at my watch, my eyes widened when I saw the time. 10 o'clock?!

I turned to Kile who was still in his deep thoughts. "I'm going home now." I didn't wait for his answer, I turned my back on him.

"Hey!." He called. 

I turned around to see him starring right at me. 

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

" Nevermind"

I scoffed. "whatever." I looked back at my watch, it was getting really late. "Anyways, I've got to go now." I pointed to my direction to the square.

"Where are you going?" Kile raised his eyebrow. "It's already late."

"The dorm obviously, I tried to copy his sarcastic way of talking, but he still was best at it.

He crossed his arms. "You're going to walk to the square?"

"Yes." I rolled my eyes. "Now if you would excuse me I've got to get going."

Before he could say anything else I turned my back on him once again. I heard him enter his car and drove away. The streets were silent and the tree branches rustled in the wind. The warm Californian breeze brushed against my skin.

I continued to walk for a few minutes, the square seemed much farther than I realized.

Suddenly of a revving sound of a car filled the dark streets. A silver car came into view. I took a step to the side to let it pass but I got shocked when it stopped right by my side, the driver rolled down his window.

"Get in." Kile said keeping his eyes on the road.

Did I hear him right? "Huh?"

He rolled his eyes. "Do you want me to leave you here in the dark?"

"Actually-"

"Just get in." he butted in and closed his window.

I had no choice, the square's a few kilometers away, I'd be silly if I'd actually walk going there, and were both going the same direction.