Preface

Dear Reader,

Thank you so much for your interest in this book. 

There are a few things that I would like to say and explain about the story before you witness the love story of two beautiful souls, Violet and Kai, who cross paths with each other and decide to embark on their journey through life together.

I chose Hong Kong as the backdrop of this story and have had qualms about it, mainly because of the political turmoil that has been going on over there in the past few years. As you may already know, there have been clashes between the Hong Kong police force and its citizens, and I'm concerned that some audience would not receive my story well because the male protagonist is a police officer.

Through this, I would like to clarify that I'm writing this novel with no political motives whatsoever. I had always wanted Hong Kong to be the setting of this story simply because I fell in love with its vibrant atmosphere when I visited back in 2017. So, when you read this story, please keep in mind that the Hong Kong I depicted here is purely fictional.

I came up with the story idea and wrote the first few chapters in 2019, before Covid-19 hit, so there isn't (and will never be) such thing as said virus in this novel. Again, the story takes place in fictional Hong Kong, in a purely fictional world. All characters appearing in it are also fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Some characters have Chinese (Cantonese) and Japanese names. Even though in Chinese and Japanese culture, the surname always comes first (surname + given name), but to make it easier and less confusing for my anglophone reader, I wrote all of my character's names in the English convention; the given name first, followed by the surname.

It would mean a lot to me if you'll share your thoughts about this story in the comment section, and if you like it, please consider voting, sharing, and adding this book to your public reading list.

Thank you for taking a moment to read this! 

Without further ado, off you go to immerse yourself in this story. Enjoy! ❤️

With appreciation,
Cantiara