Prologue

Someday, sweetheart... someone will enter your heart, and you'll see why it would never work out with anyone else.

My mom told me this when I had just broken up with my first boyfriend. Young and naïve, I didn't understand what she meant, for I knew little about love—or all the bells and whistles that come with it.

Until I met him.

One day, he was just there. Invading my heart, setting my soul on fire—as if it were what he was always meant to do.

Now, early in the morning—when even the birds are still sleeping—I awake to his face. His eyes shut, still roaming in the land of dreams.

My heart skitters. It amazes me how he's still able to snatch my breath away, sending butterflies flying rampant in my chest, even though I've known him for so long.

Then, a corner of his lips turns up, giving his refined features a hint of sexiness and charm. "Like what you see?" his deep, magnetic voice greets me.

I make no attempt to answer. Instead, I lean in to press my lips against his. He reciprocates, pulling me closer and lightly pries my mouth open with his gentle kiss, mingling our soft tongues together. In just seconds, warmth spreads through me, making my skin flush and tingle. I feel dizzy—every inch of my body craves him.

The sun finally comes, shining its rays through the parted curtains. Its golden light slashes across his face, which is now on top of mine, like sweet honey. The room is tranquil, except for the sounds of our passions interlacing, and our raspy breaths in unison.

I smile in rapture, recalling my mom's words.

She was right—so very right. It really has to be him because no one else makes sense. And right here, right now, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.

I'm Violet Lee. And this is my love story. 

♡──── ❝ Author's Note ❞ ────♡

I hope you liked this introductory chapter. Many things will happen before Violet gets to where she is in this prologue, and I'm very excited to share her journey with you!

It would mean a lot to me if you could share your thoughts about this chapter in the comment section. And please consider voting if you liked it.

Thank you so much for reading!

➽───────────────❥