Chapter 13

Comment your thoughts(politely)!
Severus's pov

I slowly got up and sat in the edge of the bed yawning as I ran my hand over my face. I got up changing into my robes. I exited my quarters through the adorning door to my office. On the desk was a note floating over my stack of papers. I raised an eyebrow and reached out for it. A smile formed on my lips as I recognised Hayley's messy print scrawled across the letter.

Professor Snape
Thank you for allowing me to rest in your office
Sorry for my actions yesterday
See you after class for my detention
-Hayley Green

lily how you would love this girl, she is so like you. Carefully I folded the letter slipping it into the bottom drawer of my desk.

Hayley's pov

"You actually stole and flew my dads car?!" George exclaimed angrily,

"Yes but technically Ron drove,"

I tried to joke and forced a smile. I watched George's face contort in anger. His face had turned a deep red and his lip had curled. Fred stood to the side arms folded. He looked angry but no where near as furious as George. I cringed as George glared at me.

"Your making Jokes?!" George snapped throwing his hands up. Fred placed a hand on his brothers shoulder

"George take it easy on her-"

"No she could've been killed. You know what? I can't be around her right now," George said and stormed out of the common room.

"George wait," I reached out for him.

Fred ran after his brother. I watched helplessly as my two best friends stormed off. My mind was blank. I've messed up. So bad. I let Professor Snape down and now the twins were upset. Slowly I slumped onto the couch. The common room was dead silent other then the ticking of the clock. Tick. Tick. Tick. George is mad at me, I rested my head on my hand. Tick. Tick. Tick. How can I make it up to him- Could that clock be any louder? Tick. Tick. Tick. His words echoed in my mind, he couldn't around me.. Tick. Tick. Tick. My eye began to twitch. Tick. Tick. Tick. A long deep sigh escaped my throat. That clock is a nightmare suppose this may be my sign to go to class. Tick. Tick. Tick. I stood up and dragged myself out of the common room.

I stepped onto the staircase suddenly the stone beneath my feet gave out. A yelp passed my lips as I threw my hands out catching myself before I fell through the hole. My knee grassed against the stone. A stinging blossomed in my knee. I pulled myself up and continued down the stairs. Suddenly another stone gave out. This time I grassed my shin as I pulled myself up. What are the odds of hitting two trick-stairs? I've never stepped on one before... George. George usually warned me.  The staircase began to shake and rumble. Throwing my hands I caught the railing just in time. The staircase began to shift. Another thing The twins would normally warn me about. After what felt like hours I stumbled into herbology. The class had already started.

"Miss Green, you're late," Professor Sprout said with a look of displeasure.

Mumbling an apology I moved to stand beside My brother and his friends. Harry and Ron were already deep in conversation. I opened my mouth to try and join the conversation. I slowly closed my mouth glancing down at the pot in front of me. I missed the twins. Over the past year they had become more like my brothers then Harry. I slowly zoned out just watching the class happen. My mind distracted by thoughts of my friends. How was I going to make it up to them? We pulled out the mandrakes. I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my ears. The pain travelled to my brain. Then black.

My head was throbbing. I could hear fussy voices talking around me. I recognised them? Fred? And George? Slowly I peaked out from behind my eyelids.  It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light.

"She's awake," Fred exclaimed. I let out a groan.

"Hayls are you ok?" George exclaimed kneeling beside the bed.

"Ron said Professor sprout wouldn't let anyone touch you! They had to get Professor Dumbledore to levitate you out of the room!" George rambled

his eyes glistening with worry. I pulled myself up to a siTting position how was I going to explain that? I stared into George's eyes. They wouldn't judge me right? George smiled gently at me. My gaze fell to my hands. How would I start this.

"When I touch a living thing it dies," tactful Hayley very tactful.

"What?" The twins said in unison,

"Except plants," I added, I glanced up at the twins and sent them an awkward half smile.

The twins were silent. they were blinking at me. My heart started picking up. Had I made a mistake? Did they hate me now? They hate me. I ruined it. Damn it! Why'd I say it? I clenched my hands into tight fists. My knuckles turned white. Their was a dip in the mattress I glanced up. George had sat on the bed beside me. His mouth was open slightly.

"I- uh don't know what to say but we still love you Hayls," George said slowly like he was carefully picking his words.

"Yeah your still our Green,"

Tears dotted my eyes and I never wished I'd more to be able to hug my friends. They were wonderful friends. Fred sat on my other side. We all sat like that for a while until we got hungry.

I sat between them during lunch, I felt someone looking at me then looked up to see Snape glaring at the twins. My detention with him was in a few hours.  He made eye contact with me i knew he could see my empty plate i grabbed A sandwich he nodded at me. CRASH Ron's owl slammed into a bowel, a letter in its claws.

"Its a howler," George whispered to me,

"What's a howler?" I asked him confused, Ron slowly opened it.

"RONALD WEASLEY!"

"That's what a howler is," George responded, I had to repress a small snicker imagining the matron sending me one.