Chapter 32

We are finally to the chapter you all have been waiting for... don't worry this is an extra long one
Hayley's pov

Moony bounded through the forest still holding me gently, a twig snapped to our left. I turned my head just in time to see Harry duck around a tree. He must've followed us. Moony snarled, another howl rippled through forest. He darted off in the other direction he kept his head lowered, he was protecting me, I was still his Cub. overhead I saw the dementors circling Harry was in danger.

Hidden in the forest were the fallen over trunks of two trees, it was covered in moss and dewdrops. It was the perfect den of you were a wolf. Moony stalked into it he placed me at the back of the den. I couldn't enjoy the coziness Harry was still in danger. I tried to move round moony who was blocking the door but he growled at me taking a defensive stance. I barked at him, he growled back. I had to get to Harry, I'm sorry Moony. I sprinted forward darting between Moony's paws and out into the forest. How was I going to find Harry? Moony's howl ripped through the sky inspiring my paws to run faster. Turning my gaze to the night which was littered with dark robes. They all seemed to be flying in the same direction, that's got to be where Harry is. I hope. I could hear heavy thuds in the distance behind me. Moony.

I could see a break in the trees, I passed through the trees. I was on a overhang overlooking a frozen lake. My heart sank across the lake was a man passed out and Harry waving his wand both being swarmed by dementors. With one bound I kept down my paws collided with the ice, barks and howls ripped from my throat. Harry made eye contact with me.

"Hayley! Run!" He yelled. I left at a dementor trying to bite it.

I ran to Harry's side we tried to fight them back, it was a constant onslaught. Why hadn't I brought my wand? Today was the worst day to forget it. Harry faltered I let out a bark as the dementors latched onto him. His eyes half closed and collapsed onto the ground, I stood over him and snapped at the dementors. My own strength was waning, my legs wobbled. Suddenly a bright pulse of light pushed the dementors back, I looked up and Harry slowly turned his head. A brilliant light blue stag stood proudly across from the river, there was a man behind it. It looked like James? The dementors were banished by the pulsing light.

Silence and darkness fell back over the lake. A deep growl broke the silence. Moony found me, he stalked towards me and picked me up. He took me back to the den. He wasn't going to let me go. I sighed and laid down my head on my paws, moony made a satisfied snort and laced down his neck over my head. I closed my eyes trying and failing to banish images of Harry from my mind. I fell into a restless sleep.

My mind stirred, I didn't open my eyes. I could feel someone patting my head gently, it felt comforting. Physical contact isn't really something I'm used too. Wait he could die! I kept up backing up into the cave wall with a panicked expression.

"Cub the curse doesn't seem to affect you when your an animagus," he soothed beckoning me forward, slowly I slunk forward.

He wrapped his arms around my neck hugging me close to his chest. This is what a hug feels like. He pulled away after a moment standing up he dusted himself off his clothes were slightly ripped and covered in dust. I shifted back standing up.

"Do not think you are not in trouble for going to a mass murderer," Remus pointed a finger at me, I smirked a little.

"He wasn't a mass murderer," he chuckled at my response.

We exited the little den, the forest was surprisingly beautiful at this time of day though I don't know what time day it actually is. Remus pointed in a direction and He led me through the forest back to the castle.

Severus Snape's pov

"She has been found Severus," Albus said as he entered my office. I let out a breath I hadn't know I'd been holding in. I'm surprised I hadn't paced a groove into the floor.

"Where is she?" I had to see her.

"Remus is bringing her by," Albus hummed.

I summoned a house elf, Biccy apparated into the room. She smiled at Albus who offered her a lemon drop, she declined his offer. I ran my hand through my hair.

"Please bring me and Hayley, sausages, baked potatoes and two brownies for dessert," I rattled off foods I knew Hayley liked.

I waved my wand a stack of papers floated out from my chambers and plopped onto my desk. Albus chuckled as he noticed the header on the papers. The logo of the orphanage Hayley lived in was plastered on the toP right corner of each page. A soft knock drew our attention to the door, the door opened a little and a green headed girl peaked in.

"Oh sorry Professor I didn't know you were here," she said addressing Albus.

"It's alright Miss Green I have some business to attend to anyway," he shot me a wink before exiting the room.

I waved her over to the desk as we sat down Biccy returned with our food. I thanked her floating the food over to us, Hayley's face lit up when she saw her food. Immediately she dug in, I chuckled she had missed dinner with her nighttime adventure to the shack. This was the moment I realised I was terrified. How was I going to ask her? How to I bring this up? What if she doesn't want- no Severus don't think of that or you'll never ask her.

"Severus? You haven't touched your food?" She looked up at me with Lily's eyes. I cleared my throat, now Sev do it.

"Hayley I would like to adopts you," Tactfully put Severus you couldn't have eased her into it a bit?

"A-Ad-Adopt? Me?"

Her eyes widened and to my horror began to water, I quickly stood up and rounded the table. I knelt down in front of her my hands hovered by her shoulders. My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water, tears began trickling down her cheeks. My eyes widened and a burning sensation rose under my face. What do I do? She's crying? What do I do? Lily help me! God help me! I raise my hand so it's hovering by her cheek. Jokes! Jokes worked last time.

"What do you call a postman who talks to the packages... Parcel tongue," she began laughing a watery laugh. (Joke from www.scary mommy.com) a small smile deep back onto my face.

"You want to be my dad?" She asked in an almost pleading voice.

"I do,"

Hayley's pov

I stood before the tall ominous building I used to live in, the place I met Jaime. The place Professor Dumbledore found me. Now I'm standing before it for the last time, In one week when school finishes I will be going home.

"You ready?" Severus asked me, I nod. He leads me into the building the matron approaches us, he hands her the papers. A fond smile takes over her features as she looks at me nodding. She led us into the office and sat us down. We went over the documents, godparents Severus chose Remus since my mother trusted him, where will I be living, Spinners End, finally we end on up on a question I hadn't thought about.

"Hayley what will your last name be?" The matron asked me, I turned to look at Severus who smiled softly at me.

"Whatever name you like Hayley," he hummed gently, I already knew what name I wanted.

"Snape,"

It happened! Let me know your thoughts and reactions I gotta know did this chapter live up to expectations?