Chapter 43

As usual please leave your thoughts in the comments love reading them! Thanks to @audrey33663 for all her awesome comments! I loved hearing your thoughts!
Hayley's pov

Remus turned on his heels and swiftly left the room. My hand was outstretched for him but Sirius guided me to sit at the kitchen table.  Severus waved his wand, a small phial filled with red liquid floated into the room. I used my right hand to cover the scar. Sirius gave me a stern look. My back slid down the back of the chair, Sirius never seemed very well serious. This air of seriousness felt out of character for my uncle.

"Hayley don't hide it," he said,

"Your godfathers mangy friend is right," Sev sighed holding the phial out before me,

I took it downing the potion. This one surprisingly tasted like berries. My hand began to tingle, scar grew red, paling to pink, back to red and finally it settle on a faded pink. Sev let out a deep sigh. Sirius looked down at my hand then back to Sev confusion written across his face.

"Snape what the bloody hell did that do?" He huffed,

"It was supposed to remove the scars but I believe that toad used a dark magical object so it only faded them," Sev gave me an apologetic look.

I rested my head on my folded arms chewing my lip. My insides twisted tightly, Remus saw the scars. He'd blame himself. It's my fault. Mine. No one else's. Not even the toads. My lungs slowed it felt as if they were turning to rock, I parted my lips in hopes of getting more oxygen. Sirus mumbled something before apparating away. Severus had stood up from his spot, he wrapped his cloak around me. I clung to it wrapping it tighter around myself.

"I'm sorry Hayley, I failed you..."

Severus's voice was drowned out. My heart had started pounding quicker, it slammed painfully against my ribs. My legs tingled like they wanted to move to run. Run. Run. I. I have to go. The all to familiar feeling of being sucked in a vacuum took over.

Severus's pov

"Hayley!" I yelled as she apparated away, my cloak drifted to the floor.

"Lupin!" I yelled, the man in question stumbled into the room. His eyes scanned it and widened.

"Where is she?"

"She apparated away!" I yelled again running my hand through my hair.

Hayley's pov

I blinked as I took in my surroundings. I had no idea where I was. The houses looked quaint, cars in every driveway but two. Both houses looked abandoned they were only three house apart. How had I accidentally apparated here? Where was here? A few metres away a saw a street sign I squinted to try and back out the white lettering.

Godric's hollow

Godric's hollow... I'm on the street where my parents... my gaze dragged over to the house furthest away from me. The one of white mortar and dark wood. The one where the door hangs from the hinges.

The closer I got the faster My feet walked, my eyes darted around keenly aware of how exposed I was. The sun was sinking behind the rows of houses. The house was dark, The stair case was visible but the hallway beside it was concealed as was the landing of the next floor. I threw a look over my shoulder. I faltered. Severus... Remus they must be wondering where I am... I should go back. Turning back to the abyss before me chewing my cheek I wondered what the darkness hid.  It was like the mirror of erised it pulled you. I needed to know. That was it. I took a step into the first home I'd ever known.

Severus's pov

"I've checked hogwarts!" I yelled, I hadn't managed to lower my voice since my daughter vanished.