Chapter 14

I'd like to thank @ivetmcu for her comments on previous chapters I really love hearing my readers thoughts and comments on chapters! Also I plan on rewriting some older chapters as they were very short so make sure to revisit them
Hayley's pov

We filed into Dada, my classmates voices whispered about the new professor. I had seen him at the meals but I hadn't had any interactions with the man. Hermione chattered about him in the common room, I was yet to understand the student bodies fascination with the new professor. Professor Snape also hadn't made mention of his colleague in our brief conversations. The door to the dada teachers office flew open, to reveal a tall grinning man with dusty blonde hair. the girls let out a small collective gasp.

"Let me introduce you to your new defence against the dark arts professor, me, Gildory Lockhart. Fifth order of Merlin, honorary member of the dark arts defence league, 5 times winner of Witch Weeklys most charming smile," he began to laugh smiling at the students. The students seemed to swoon, I simply rolled my eyes how did the witch weekly award contribute to his teaching. The fifth order of Merlin was impressive however.

"Now it's my job to arm you against the worst creatures known to man, you many find yourself facing your worst fears in this room know no harm can befall you while I'm here," Lockhart said, somehow that didn't make me feel better. He stepped towards a cloth covered box. He reached out placing his hand on the cover

"Cornish Pixes!" He announced Throwing the shawl off the cage to reveal blue pixies,

With a flourish he opened the door to the cage and they flew out in a cloud of blue accompanied by the classes screams. I ducked under my desk, what the hell was he thinking! He must be utterly mad! I yelped as one began grabbing my robes. I saw another pulling Hermione's hair. Lockhart raised his wand announcing an incantation. I waited for something to happen. A moment passed nothing had happened. Lockhart went pale and mumbled something incoherent before he fled into his office wrestling his portraits back from the pixies. Without thinking I reached out to the nearest pixie and touched it a small green flash emitted from the blue patch of skin I had touched. the pixie fell out of the air dead. I froze staring at the unmoving creature. No. No. No. no. I'm sorry, please get up please! I'm sorry. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hermione jumped up and cast a charm freezing every pixie in their place.

"Why is it always me?" Neville asked from the ceiling,

I was unable to tear my eyes away from the pixie. I was vaguely aware of my classmates leaving the room one by one. Kneeling on the floor before the pixie tears started to drop down my cheeks. I'm so sorry. I tentatively picked up the pixie and cradled it to my chest allowing my tears to fall silently.

"Hayls you in here?"

Lifting my head I saw two pairs for legs enter the classroom. The table I was still sat under blocked my view of who they were. However only George called me Hayls. I opened my mouth to call them over but only a small squeak came out. I was still acutely aware of the poor creature in my arms. George and Fred's faces came into view as they crouched down next to the table.

"There she is," Fred said with a small smile.

"Class ended 20 minutes ago we were worried," George said gently. I bit my lip to prevent a new wave of tears.

"Oh Green... what happened?" Fred whispered, I opened my hands to show them the pixie.

"I-I he-he. I-I. My f-fault," I murmured by voice wavered,

The twins shared a look before waving their wands pulling two more tables against the one I was under. Then they crawled under the table. George waved his wand transfiguring a lost pen into a small coffin. He opened it and placed it before me. I blinked a few times staring at the small wooden box. I glanced down to the pixie then back up to the twins. Slowly I lowered the pixie into the coffin. They both gave me an identical sympathetic smile George waved his wand vanishing the coffin. My eyes widened.

"I sent the coffin to the Cornish pixies in the forbidden forest," George said gently

"So he is buried with his friends," Fred hummed,

"Thankyou," I mumbled.

My footsteps echoed throughout the hallways to the dungeons, I knocked on the potions classroom. Snape opened it and offered me a small smile stepping aside so I can enter. I noticed there weren't any messy cauldrons for me to clean however there was a small cauldron set up beside a range of ingredients. I looked up at the now smirking Professor who strode towards the set up. I followed him and stood beside him.

"During our next Potions class I'll be teaching you how to make a pain reliever potion," he began

"Alright?" I responded unsure how this related to the detention.

"I will be teaching you that potion now," I looked up at him he was helping me?

We began the potion he explained everything step by step how to create this potion, he watched my move carefully, correcting every wrong move. I began to have quite a bit of fun suddenly Dumbledore burst in and requested Snape Follow him saying even I could join, Snape sighed and waved for me to follow. Every teacher in the school was outside the room, we moved as group to a hallway. It seemed as if every students in the school was there I looked up at Snape he offered me a subtle look of reassurance. Words were written on the wall in blood. I covered my mouth. Whose blood was that? Dumbeldore upon seeing this dismissed the students bar Harry, Ron and Hermione. I went to follow but Snape put his arm out in front of me. That's when I noticed Mrs Noris Filches cat... no wonder filch was so enraged.

"Fear not Argus she is only petrified and as I understand it Professor sprout has a healthy crop of Mandrakes, I'm sure a potion can be made," Dumbledore said in hopes of reassuring him,

"Just as I thought shame I wasn't here I know just the counter curse that could've spared her," Lockhart boasted earning many irritable looks from the other professors.

"I believe potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time," Snape spoke

"Harry isn't skilled enough at charms to petrify a cat," I chimed in

"Innocent until proven Guilty," Dumbledore said addressing the group.