CHAPTER ONE

SUNWOO POV

The warm and familiar polluted LA air battered my helmet as I speeded down the highway.

9.45am, Los Angeles, California. Freedom.

It's been so long since, I rode back to the college campus. 6 months and 10 days, spent in an imbeciles classroom and criminals cell.

Not that i needed to be there either, I don't remember a single day clearly. I know word has got out that I'm coming back, however they don't know when. So hopefully a dramatic entrance is made, by yours truly of course.

My roommate Eric, has had the dorm to himself
since I left, he's got the other boys but we all know i'm truly irreplaceable.

I sped into the parking lot, parking up my bike near my dorm block. I took off my helmet and walked to my room.
I passed by a few classmates, just as i wanted, they're shocked to see me. I know, I know, I'm totally the celebrity of the campus at this point.
I made it up the concrete stairwell, knocking on the door at the end of the corridor.

"It's fucking 10am what-" The door swung open to Eric, "OH MY FUCKING GOD."
"Missed me?" I smiled as he closed the dorm door.
"Hell yeah. It feels like you've been gone forever. I've missed having a roommate. Plus my bestfriend is back in action." He said laughing flopping back on his bed.
"Anything happen whilst I was behind bars?" I smirked sitting on my bed.
"There's a few new students, pretty much it. Oh and we're being brought on this out of state trip like next month. I think we're going to Colorado." He replied still happy to see me.
"What the fucks in Colorado?" I laughed opening the balcony door.
"Aha Girls hopefully." He smirked as I looked out off of the terrace.
I took a cigarette lighting it between my lips.
"Oh the girl next door doesn't like it when you trash your cigarettes on her side so she gifted us an ash tray." Eric shouted through as I saw the hello kitty ash tray sat on the porch table.

He then came out on to the balcony lighting one for himself leaning against the ledge which overviewed the city and highway.
"We have neighbors now?" I asked confused because the room next to us was always vacant.
"Yeah she got here a few months ago, she's hot but not the going out type." He said blowing out the smoke he breathed in.
"Tried it with her, did you?" I smirked, he never changes. I don't bother women the way he does, I feel too bad for them having to put up with fools like Eric. He's a chill guy, just needs to lay it off on the girl of the week roulette.
"Nah, she wasn't interested. A shame, she's cool." He laughed slightly, the first time this man had accepted rejection.
I put my cigarette out in the ash tray, going back inside.
"You going to any lectures today?" Eric asked, tapping the lit tabacco on the side of his finger.
"Nah, I'll go for lunch though." I chuckled boyishly, "I see you're blonde is back."
"Yeah, I mean before juvie you were red. Now look at you with your natural brown." He laughed walking over to ruffle my hair.  I chuckled to myself before laying back into the bed.

———

Lunch soon came around, Eric and I left for the canteen after talking about all the shit that happened whilst i'd been gone.
As we walked in, everyone stopped talking as soon as they saw me.
As i told you earlier, an entrance, I take my pride in being campus celebrity you see.
"SUNWOO KIM YOU SON OF A BITCH-" Juyeon ran up to me pulling me into a hug.
"I know you missed me. Now get off." I laughed taking his arms off me.
Everyone began talking amongst themselves looking over.
College canteen food sucks, like worse than high school sucks. We used to go off campus most days, but lectures were always in between and after. It made it hard to do now.
I walked over to the table where the boys sat, sitting in the place I always used to.
"How was juvie huh?" Kevin nudged me as I laughed thinking where to begin.

——

Y/N POV

My lectures ended in time for me to get lunch in the canteen. I hated the food in college, it was gross. Just like the idea of college, to be honest. Things haven't been going as I wanted them to ever since I got here, my grades were sinking. My neighbor was irritating, my friend group was now reduced to one.
I met Ashley by the lunch hall where she waited,
"I thought you weren't coming for second." She laughed.
"Sorry, the lecturer just kept talking." I chuckled as we entered the lunch hall, sitting down waiting for the crowd around the food serving area to die down.
The loudness and chatter of the lunch hall soon halted. Assuming it was just one of those moments, I continued to scroll through my phone.

That was until Ashley gasped audibly, I whipped my head around to the entrance where she looked in shock.
"SUNWOO KIM, YOU SON OF A BITCH." Juyeon, a boy in my english literature class hugged a boy with grown out dark brown hair. Eric, my neighbor, stood next to him smiling to himself.
Their group may seem all cute and educated but in reality it was wild, god knows how they were accepted into college.
You could say that about all frat boys though i guess.
Everyone began talking amongst themselves again, looking over at the boy.

"Ashley, who's that?" I asked her as she stared in awe at the boy who walked over to the group. The group I avoided like my life depended on it.
"You don't know?" She looked at me in shock, as I stared back at her letting out a 'duh' with a confused look. "Girl, that's Sunwoo Kim. He's been in juvie for the past half of the year." She laughed sarcastically as I just nodded.
"What for?" I asked curiously.
"Well, I don't exactly know. Being far too attrac-Vandalism and drugs i'm pretty sure." She coughed covering her original sentence before answering.

Ah someone to avoid then...

"Your food ladies." Hyunjae walked over giving us each something to eat.
"We would of bought our own." I rolled my eyes, Hyunjae was a good friend of ours, although he was in that group. He was chill, less of a bad attitude despite his arrogance. Same with Haknyeon who stood next to him beaming.

"Are you two gonna be at the campus party tomorrow night?" He asked us smirking slightly.
"If you're going..." I began as he looked hopeful for a second, "then no."
I smiled back as his face dropped, "Rejected once again." Haknyeon laughed punching his arm.
"We're going Hyunjae." Ashley said making sure he caught on to my sarcasm, he wasn't very quick with those kind of jokes.
"Good to know." He smirked again walking back to his table with Haknyeon clinging on to his arm like a younger sibling.

"I'm actually shocked they're going to the campus party. Don't they complain about it being dead?" I laughed eating the food they brought us.
"Alcohol and extra credit Y/N. Plus you just ditch after 30 mins to hit up bars anyway." Ashley said, her mouth slightly full with food.
I've never been to a campus party, I've only been here 5 months after all. I hadn't been to a bar before either. I've always been far too focused on my studies for that.
As I looked over to Hyunjae's group, he must of told them we were going tomorrow as they all glanced over.

I caught eyes with the Sunwoo boy, I looked away slightly intimidated by his cold gaze and sharp features. Feeling; violated, like my soul had just been inspected.
——

AUTHORS NOTE

clover note <3
so hey ! first pilot episode for the plot !
as you can probably tell already this is definitely more on the romcom side of genre for me.
i promise you the plot only gets better ! i hope you're enjoying so far <3

sending love note ...

clo xo