CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

SUNWOO POV

Loading on to the bus, it was finally time to leave Colorado, you won't be missed stupid ass state with stupid ass police. I lit a cigarette between my lips, Y/N holding up a one with her fingers. I nodded with a small chuckle before walking over to Juyeon who was lighting his own.

"Come on boys, you can't go 5 minutes." Professor Smith tried rushing us, instead failing as we stared at her blankly and finally getting on the bus herself.
"You know how you asked me about Y/N yesterday?" I exhaled the smoke sternly, whipping my head around to Juyeon stood next to me.
"I do." He replied, breathing out himself before flicking the ash off on his finger, "Have things changed?"
"Well, she's my girlfriend." I smiled smugly, he patted my back in a manly approval, gripping my shoulder slightly and smiling to himself.
"About time." He replied as I rolled my eyes in reply. I finished my cigarette, hopping on to the metal shuttle of the school bus.

Making an entrance once again, a look of shock projected the entire bus as they realized I wasn't being detained.
"He's not in prison?"
"So he can blatantly do drugs and get away with it?"
"He's like a smooth criminal, that's hot."
"Everyone shutup you'll boost his ego he can hear you."
"Admit he's attractive."
A smirk tugging at the corner of my lips as I found Y/N at the back of the bus with the others.
"You love the attention don't you?" She laughed audaciously elbowing me with a shove as I giggled along.
"Slightly." I replied cockily before being cut off by the ruckus going down with the boys behind us.
"Eric look we've got you a new friend." The boys were pushing Eric to sit next to Jacob since he was bothering them on the back row. There's another positive about Ashley being gone, no one was sat alone - and the boys could get rid of Eric.

Sitting beside Y/N was always the best option, whether she was sharing earphones, talking about something she could spend years on, she was endearing, someone that didn't drain me - instead gave me life and energy again. Even when she'd fallen asleep halfway through the trip, it didn't bother me too much. Pulling her head into my chest and falling asleep myself out of serene comfort.

"Don't touch my neck pillow." Changmin screamed from the back, as the others passed his neck pillow on teasingly. It resulted in Juyeon and Eric passing it in football throws between each other. This was gonna be another long journey.

——

"Home sweet home kids!" A college professor announced through the intercom at the front of the bus, my eyes opened up adjusting to the lights of the bus above. Y/N was cuddled up in my embrace, still sleeping contently against my chest.
"Haknyeon, I'm gonna kill you." Kevin gasped as he opened his bag, we all turned around to see his bag filled with Mountain Dew and Oreo stashes.
"You'll be thanking me for it when you need snacks." He shrugged zipping his backpack up and taking it for himself.
"You say that like you're not gonna keep it to yourself." Kevin muttered under his breath, digging through his bag for anything that actually belonged to him. Turning back around with a chuckle, I looked back out the window beside us as we pulled up on campus.

Los Angeles was pitch-black dark since we'd arrived back in the early hours of the morning. Gently waking Y/N up, she cutely outstretched and absorbed her surroundings.
"We're back." I lazily informed her as she smiled in a tired pull of her lips.

Grabbing our luggage, I tugged my suitcase back down the paths of our college campus blocks.
"Hands up for never going on a college out of state trip ever again!" Hyunjae yelled sarcastically as we all raised hands with a laugh.
Crickets echoed through the night, the familiarity of the warm, humid and heavily polluted air flooding my lungs - my senses being fulfilled with a home-like nostalgia. Eric, Y/N and I had the longest walk in the group, being the furthest block on campus. Breaking off from Hyunjae and Juyeon last, for once Hyunjae and I weren't hostile with each other. In fact I actually found myself greeting him with a smile which he gladly returned.

Arriving back at our dorm corridor finally was a huge reliever after the incredibly tiring walk.
"Goodnight my beautiful girlfriend." I kissed Y/N with a hint of sarcasm as we parted ways into our dorms, smiling at me shyly she disappeared behind the wood of her dorm door. Tonight was either going to be really difficult or relieving for the both of us - not sharing the same bed or being near each other all of the time.

"You know, I can't believe you got her before any of us did." Eric stepped out on the balcony to smoke, letting the breeze air into the apartment from outside.
"What do you mean by that?" I chuckled lifting my shirt over my head to go to sleep, clambering into my bed sheets.
"We've been asking Y/N out for months, all of us. We even convinced Chanhee in to asking her out." He replied with a giggle, he'd leant his back against the balcony ledge - letting the wind brush past him in faint whispers.
"She had her reasons for avoiding you all." I smirked to myself arrogantly, resting my head against my pillow. "Also Chanhee? Really?"
"Yeah but she chose the one who's been to actual prison." He retorted, finishing his cigarette with another stifled laugh.
"You make a fair point." I mumbled turning around as he turned out his night stand light and got into his own bed.

Jolting on the nightstand my phone vibrated, the screen lighting up with a message banner in its notification center.

Y/N: Can I come over? ♡︎

I laughed at the message for a moment before typing out a reply.

Me: Of course ♡︎

A few moments later there was a knock at the door, Eric sleeping through the entire thing as always. Opening the door, Y/N stood in one of my shirts, it was far too big on her and I had no idea where she got it from.
"Is that mine?" I smiled at her with a confused grin, my hand lazily gesturing to the shirt.
"Why yes, yes it is." She replied before ducking under my arm and making her own way inside. I locked the door as she got under the covers, whisking her up into my arms and smiling to myself contently.
"Can't stay away from me?" I smirked in the darkness earning a light punch from her.
"Shutup." She chuckled with a joking bitterness in her tone.
"You love me." I replied, I could almost feel the eye roll burn through me despite the darkness.
"Goodnight." She spoke softly into my chest, I nuzzled my head into her hair and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.
"Goodnight." I sighed out, my eyes fluttered shut as I was brought in to a deep slumber.

I felt finally happy at a point in my life, no drugs, no alcohol, nothing and whether that was because I had Y/N or I was finally changing.. It didn't matter.. because there's more legal happiness to life than temporary highs.

——

AUTHORS NOTE

we're home finally.. sunwoo's terrible but adorable ego makes its return </3

as we settle in to the second half of the week i hope it's gone okay for everyone ! wishing you the best for whatever you're doing in life presently.. ♡︎

sending my love always..

clover <3