CHAPTER THIRTY

Y/N POV

Digging my feet into the white sands below, the boys had invited me to the beach with them. It's been a week since the Colorado trip and I honestly couldn't be happier. Dipping into the horizon the clementine orb of the sun sank into the horizon, lighting up the beach in a dark mango. In a circle, the boys had gathered, no drugs, no alcohol, just themselves and the fire between them. A few of them were smoking but it's not like I minded at all and they knew that.

"So, like we planned, we're all gonna throw something in to the fire and give a reason behind why." Sangyeon began, standing up from his seat on the sand below and dusting off his knee caps with a lazy swipe.
"I'm gaining control of myself, I'm throwing the necklace I bought my ex. I need to let go and know I'm better than she ever thought I was." Sangyeon threw a silver chain into the fire, hitting the bottom with a clink as the fire calmly lit up. As the rest followed his lead, throwing similar items such as old high school tropes and personal belongings. I only zoned back in when it got to Hyunjae.

"Goodbye drugs." He started, as he slipped out a closed seal bag from his pocket - coated in a white powder on the inside. Everyone was visibly shocked by the statement, until he began again stating his reason. "I don't need them, I have more in life that I can achieve if I don't use them. I'm destroying my future and it's time to let go."
I smiled as he threw the packet into the fire, the entire group was bewildered, in a state of disbelief so to speak. Hyunjae Lee had quit the part of his life he most relied on, yet he sat down with a small smile on his face and earned an admirable cheer from the others.

Next was Eric, standing up with a bounce, he pulled out two items from his jeans pockets, before looking at them with a short smile.
"Goodbye alcohol and drugs, although I'll still drink I'll only do it on occasions. I don't need it, after that trip I realized how I put my life more in danger every time I take something. I realized how important you guys are to me and I wanna be able to be there for you in the long run." He strolled over to the blaze, throwing in an alcohol bottle label and drugs of some sort into the mix of sparks. I watched intently as Sunwoo smiled beside me, he was proud of Eric, you could see it the way his eyes sparkled in admiration.

Sunwoo was next, standing up from the sand beside me and unwrapping his arm from around my waist. In the back pocket on his jeans, he pulled out a box, covered in a light layer of sand which he dusted off swiftly.
"Goodbye cigarettes, the only thing I had left to give up. I wanna make better habits for myself, stay out of trouble and most importantly be a better boyfriend to Y/N. Although nothing can erase my criminal record, I hope making a new start can change what lies ahead of it. So from here onwards, I won't smoke anymore, I won't do drugs and I won't touch alcohol unless I have an excuse to." He threw the cigarette box in the fire, it hitting the bottom of the pit with a satisfying clatter.

Sitting back down he smiled to me as I was last to go around the circle. I stood up steadily - dusting the sand off my legs before taking the items out my pocket. Two friendship bracelets, the ones Ashley bought me when I got here, threaded with pink and white plastic beads.
"Goodbye fake friends, I can make my own decisions and I don't need to be controlled. I want to stay true to myself and do what's best for me. Mix with the right people and stay with the ones that genuinely care." I threw the plastic into the fire as it sparked up in reaction. I sat back down, Sunwoo engulfing me in a hug and slinging his arm around my shoulder as the group refreshment came to a close.

There was a silence that lingered among us, one that spoke a million words so we didn't have to fill the gaps. The group I sat in, were no longer the wild and heartless party animals that we all knew in the beginning. They were now mature, diligent and caring boys - ones that had experienced things in the past few weeks that made them realize the value of their lives. It was one of those moments, where I truly felt as if I'd made some of the friends I'd possibly keep for the rest of my life.

Grabbing my hand, Sunwoo gave the group a small nod, which they returned, as he pulled me away. Interlocking our fingers, we strolled away from the chaos that was now breaking out behind us. Santa Monica bay almost never looked prettier, there were a few people around but not too many tonight. It was usually bustling with tourists, locals and crowds that roared through the city and along the coast but tonight it was strangely peaceful.

"So what are we here for?" I asked as I sat down next to where he settled, leaning against a palm tree that looked out to sea.
"So we got some time to ourselves." He giggled slightly and wrapped his arm back around my shoulder - falling to my waist as I shuffled closer to him so that my leg rested on top of his.
"I love you." He blurred out of nowhere nervously but with a soft sigh. I looked up to him with a bright smile, pecking his lips in reassurance as his cheeks dusted a sweet peach blush.

"I love you more." I laughed reciting the last time we shared the words between each other. He chuckled capturing my lips again with a passionate latch, pulling me into him for longer than before.
"You know I don't know where I'd be without you. Y/N" He huffed out as he pulled away for air. "You've changed everything, I don't know what I did to deserve you if I'm honest." I giggled as he choked out his words, spilling his affection is something Sunwoo Kim was getting better at over time.

"I could say the same thing about you." I replied as he shook his head nonsensically, a smile glued to his face. He may not believe me, however Sunwoo Kim taught me the art of real people. He's shown me life behind the plastic walls of our generation.

Sunwoo Kim may not be perfect, but he was no criminal in my eye. On paper it may state that he was guilty of crimes that made him an indecent human being. When in reality he was someone that went from the cold boy in the cafeteria, to someone had blossomed into the most mature, loving and diligent boy in my life. As he sat beside me, taking his lips in my own and dedicating his entire soul into becoming better for himself and I. It proved to me...

Sunwoo Kim was no juvenile, just a boy with a whole lot of love hidden inside of him.

fin.

——

AUTHORS NOTE

welcome to the end of juvenile !.. ♡︎

i hope you've enjoyed this book as much as i've enjoyed writing it!.. don't forget to check out my other books and leave me a follow if you wish to stay up to date with my future work! ♡︎..

for now.. this has been

juvenile: completed <3