CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Y/N POV

"Don't wake them." I heard a male voice whisper gently, my eyes opening slightly. I lifted my head from the warmth beneath me, not entirely realizing where I was. I don't remember falling asleep, however the lack of sleep last night must have caught up on me somewhere.
"Go back to sleep, you don't have to be awake yet." Ashley appeared in front of me beside the bed giggling. I hummed softly and snuggled closer into 'the pillow' beneath me. Curse, the oblivious sleep state - it always does me dirty.

——

Glinting irritably, the lucent moonlight was the reason I woke up. Shooting up from the desolate bed, I remembered where I was and what happened earlier.

Eric wasn't around - not shocking considering his own version of extra curricular activities was just trashing the campus complex with the others. However a draft blew through the balcony door, it was clear Sunwoo was leant against the balcony - typically lighting one up between his lips.

I never remember pulling myself beneath the covers, they'd been put there since. I slipped myself out from beneath the cotton and stepped across the cold of the granite flooring. My fingers gripping the the glass door and sliding it across out on the balcony.

Sunwoo looked up and glanced to me as I walked out, taking out the cigarette between his lips.
"I didn't wanna wake you up. It's late." He grumbled slightly, standing up straighter as I sat upon the pillar beside him.
"It's fine." I smiled vaguely, the pungent fog of his cigarette causing me to choke up briefly.
"You need to stop coming out, when I'm smoking." He laughed to himself as I finished coughing.
"Then we'd never talk, you always have one between your lips." I wafted away the smoke, waving my arm chaotically and clearing the air.
"Yeah, I'm sorry about that." He raised his eyebrows knowingly, leaning back over the ledge and watching the cars pass the highway in the distance behind the woodland.

"Are you going on the Colorado trip on Wednesday?" I asked him as he thought for a while, exhaling his smoke before composing a reply.
"I'll think about it. Are you?" He murmured again, almost as if he was putting off the idea.
"I'm going yeah. You should come." I spoke brightly, trying to convince him - watching him raise his head slightly.
"If you really want me to, I'll go." He finally finished his cigarette, crushing against the concrete of the ledge and dumping it in the ashtray.

"I have a feeling Ashley will ditch me for Jacob." I sighed leaning my head against the wall behind me.
"You think she'll forgive him?" Sunwoo asked slightly taken aback by the comment.
"Oh yeah, 100 percent. You can't get through to Ashley on this kind of thing, like when I told her to avoid your group in general." I chuckled to myself semi-sweetly, huffing out in a knowing breath and looked back on our conversation.

Sunwoo jumped on to the balcony ledge, swinging his legs over the side and perching upon it. He patted the space beside him.
"Are you trying to kill me Sunwoo Kim?" I chuckled unbelievably, looking over the ledge at how many stories we were up.
"Trust me, I've got you." He laughed in reply, grabbing my hand and helping me up on to the ledge. I sat steadily, my legs dangling over the edge as were his - gazing out on to the pretty moonlight that almost seemed so clear in comparison to the usual smog that obscured it.

"If it ever means anything to you, we might not know each other too well. But I'll always be here, no matter if Ashley decides to leave you or not. I have the same worries with Eric, I mean-" He chuckled for a split second thinking of where to carry on, "obviously he's not leaving me for someone, but I'm losing him. When I wasn't here to take care of him, I assume he was getting high more than usual. The others won't know any different, he hasn't told them anything. His doctor told him to avoid drug interactions with his medication. I kinda feel guilty for not just telling them."

"Do they know now?" I didn't press for anymore information on what was going on with Eric, it seemed extremely personal - not something I wanted to tread on.
He shook his head no, I sighed to myself wondering what I could possible say.
"I think you need to tell them. Eric won't, I wouldn't let him manipulate you - he just wants the high." As harsh as it sounded - I just told the truth to the boy sat beside of me.
"I know. I always knew that, he just makes it extremely difficult to believe it." He didn't meet my gaze, instead just swinging his legs in small strides.
"Don't blame yourself either. You're too good to be apart of anymore of their shitty acid trips." I shook my head as he finally met my eyes, he didn't say anything in reply but just stared observantly.

I gazed back, more admiring how the wind blew thin strands of his fringe lightly. The way his dark eyes drew in a enigmatic abyss you could almost get lost in with enough time to. His tanned skin illuminating in the ray of moonlight, defining his facial contours - maybe Ashley was right. He was too attractive, far too attractive for his own good.

"Can I?" He asked in a faint whisper leaning closer, his hand was brought to the side of my face. In my own mind I was shocked at what was happening in the present moment. I concealed my panicked reaction with a small nod, allowing him to close the gap between us.

His lips moved softly, gradually applying pressure as I reciprocated. I brought my hand to his jaw, as he pulled me closer. His other hand snaking itself around my waist and gripping the small of my back.

"Sunwoo?" The front door beeped interrupting us, we almost jumped away from each other as Eric's voice echoed through the dorm.
"Oh you're still here?" He asked, stepping out on to the balcony, confused to seeing me perched upon the balcony beside Sunwoo.
"Yeah I'm gonna go now, uhh- see you tomorrow I guess." I excused myself nervously, walking back through the open balcony door and turning waving.
"See you later, Y/N." Eric replied, not thinking too much of it as I left.

I walked back to my dorm, in a swift rush unlocking my door with a vast turn of my keys. As soon as the door shut behind me, I slid down the back of it - rhapsodically squealing into my hands.

——

AUTHORS NOTE

AHHHH .. they did a kith ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

eric appreciation despite him being the worst sometimes <\3

hope you've had a lovely weekend! happy easter my loves.. if you celebrate it i hope you've had a joyful day and been surrounded by love throughout !..

sending my love always..

clover <3