Daughter of the Copy Cat, Rescuer of the Raver :~ Christmas Special ~:

Oh, hai :D I'm just here to wish you a Merry Christmas. I've decided to write a christmas special, just for funzies. I'd also like to thank everyone, because I've almost reached 1000 fans, and when I saw, I actually squealed. Attractive, I know. So, I've decided that once I hit the 1000 fans mark, in celebration, I'll upload the first chapter of Undercover (the Hidan story I was talking about) whether the whole book is finished or not. I was originally gonna upload the first chapter when the whole book was finished, but 1000 fans calls for celebration, no?

One last thing before you start reading. This special has no links to the plot of the actual story. It's purely fanservice with a christmas theme. After this chapter, things will return to normal, and we can get back to Ayame's now troubled life. Sorry if you were looking forward to the next chapter that actually progressed the story- I've already started it so that should be a good sign, right? ^.^'

__________________________

I pursed my lips, watching as Kiba stumbled around- drunk off all the eggnog he’d been forced to drink. Naruto sat on the couch, a bowl of steaming ramen in his hands, and a Christmas tree sweater on. Sakura was in the kitchen, happily cooking alongside Hinata and Tenten to serve Christmas dinner.

“Shikamaru!” I called, rising from the couch and brushing off my ankle length dress. Kakashi had bought it for me, although it was supposed to be worn in summer.

“Are you sure you’re warm enough?” Kakashi asked as I passed him by the fire, to which I merely smiled.

“I’m used to the cold, don’t worry.” Searching through the house, I came upon a room with the door closed. Knocking, I waited a few minutes.

“Come in.” Was finally heard, and I placed the voice as Shikamaru’s. Upon opening the door, I found Sasuke and Shikamaru sitting on my bed, a portable Shougi board in front of both of them. Shikamaru, who looked rather bored, moved what I assumed was his piece on the bored. Sasuke, also looking bored, moved his own piece.

In all honesty, I had no idea how the game worked- nor did I want to know. The game seemed to be designed for those who were skilled around creating tactics to trap the opponent, and I was no help in that field.

“Dinner is almost ready, why don’t you come in and join us?” Shikamaru moved another piece, before he allowed his eyes to flicker to me.

“We’ll be out soon, don’t worry.” Sasuke grunted, fingers laced together as the gears in his head turned. Me, feeling a little out of place, left the room, taking Shikamaru’s word.

“Ayame, sit down.” That was Neji, who was sitting in the large armchair with a Santa hat upon his head. No doubt Tenten forced it on him, for I couldn’t imagine the Hyuuga willingly sacrificing his pride for a simple holiday. “Relax.” And, I did as I was told. Sinking into the three seater couch, I let myself simply enjoy the company of friends and family around me- something ninja’s rarely have a chance to do, what with all the deadly missions and all.

With a shout from the kitchen- no doubt from Sakura- everyone found a place to sit. Naruto, being impatient, bounced in place on the floor where he was sitting. We’d all opted for an easy meal around the coffee table in the lounge room, so there was more room, and it wasn’t as formal.

Sakura soon emerged, carrying a large turkey that seemed cooked to perfection. Then, out came Hinata, a pasta dish each in both of her hands. Tenten then emerged, carrying a more vegetarian based dish in case someone felt the need to cut back on the meat.

After a few more laps to the kitchen and back, all the food was out. Naruto pouted, noticing the lack of ramen- and as it turned out, he’d had his previous bowl confiscated from him. Sakura looked over all of us, before putting her hands on her hips. “Where is Sasuke and Shikamaru.” I let a nervous smile creep onto my face, and I scratched the back of my head.