Daughter of the Copy Cat, Rescuer of the Raven Chapter 14

“Ayame Kawa Hatake.” I rose my head. The tall, dark haired ninja scratched behind his ear gingerly, “Lady Hokage is ready to see you.” I slowly rose from my seat.

As much as I wanted to leave the empty, white room, I was fearing the questions I would be asked.

“Thank you.” I nodded slightly as an extra sign of respect before walking past the nervous shinobi.

Worries bouncing around inside my skull, unable to find a way out.

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the large, oak door which lead into the Hokage’s room. It loomed over me, daring me to knock.

I slowly raised my fist, and went to lightly tap.

“Come in.” Came a strong voice, before my knuckles had even touched the wood. I was stunned for a moment, wondering how on earth this woman could have known I was here. I shook my head and inwardly scolded myself, this is the Hokage! Of course she knew I was here.

I placed my hand onto the cold, silver doorhandle. I had to put in some extra effort to get it open, it seems I lost some muscle while I was chained down.

The blonde kunochi looked up, her eyes glinting with worry, but her face showed nothing but her normal, stern frown.

“Sit.” She demanded gently as she gestured to a chair in front of her desk.

I slowly approached the chair and sat, careful not to avoid Tsunade’s powerful gaze.

“You wanted me.” I told her, placing my hands politely in my lap.

“Yes,” She opened a book that she had in front of her carefully, “I did.” She took out 4 square photographs and placed them in front of me. “Look through them.” I hesitantly picked them up.

The first photo was of Deidara, he was flying on a strange bird that looked more like a statue than a real bird itself.

The second was something I’d never seen before. It had a large, scorpion tail coming out from the end of it. It had a large, turtle like back, as if it had a shell. It was the Akatsuki coat that cover this shell, no doubt this… thing was part of their team. Although, I’d never seen it on the hands when I first saw them all.

The third was of Hidan, he was stumbling about. No doubt angry about something, probably about Kakuzu. By the number of times he’d come to me and complain about him, it was probably a very close guess.

When I looked closer though, I realised Kakuzu was in the background, carrying, what looked to be, a dead body.

I blinked, and all familiarity I had with them was gone, seeing Kakuzu reminded me that these people were cold blooded killers.

The fourth picture made me cringe, it was Kisame. I never really liked him, every time he visited me he’d always threaten to feed me to his sword if I didn’t eat or speak. Eventually he’d leave, leaving me unharmed of course, but he never failed to put fear into my heart.

He had his head cocked back, as if laughing about something. His huge sword was still strapped onto his back, I never really got to see what it looked like…

The fifth was none other than Tobi himself. He had his hands up in the air, waving them around spastically. I sweat dropped.

So like him. I thought bitterly.

“We’re limited with our photo’s. These were very hard to get, we paid an immense amount of money to get them.” I nodded, realising that Konan, Itachi, Sasori, Zetsu and the leader, weren’t in the photo’s.

I pointed to the photo of the strange monster-like being.

“I don’t know who this is. I know the rest, but not this person.” Tsunade nodded,

“I wouldn’t expect you to. That, Ayame, is Sasori.” I blinked. So I guess he isn’t as observant as I thought he was to get his picture taken. “He was wearing his armour then. The photographer died shortly after taking the photo.” Tsunade leaned back in her chair and sighed deeply, “He left the film and camera intact though, I guess he just wanted to have a little fun and give us some clues.”

I smirked,

“He thinks art lasts a lifetime, maybe he thought of this picture as an art form and wanted it to be preserved for a lifetime.” Tsunade stared at me for a few seconds,

“Really now…?” I sighed and leaned forward, placing a finger on Deidara’s face.

“He’s dead.” The Hokage raised an eye brow.

“How did he die? Last we heard, he was heading into the Land of Wind to collect a payment, although it was just a rumour.” I gave her an empty smile,

“Well, we’ll never know now. Sasuke killed him while rescu- Kidnapping me from them.” Anxiety welled up inside of me. By the look Tsunade gave me, she caught my slip of the tongue.

“Really…? Well,” She leaned forward and picked up the photo’s, “I appreciate you coming here Ayame, I’m sure this was a terrible experience.” I nodded slowly,

“Yes… It was….” The blonde eyed me as I stood from my chair, “If you don’t mind,” I bowed, “I would like to go home and take a shower.” The corners of her mouth twitched up,

“Of course, you may leave.” I gave her one of my fake smiles that hadn’t been used in oh-so long.

“Arigato!” I spun on my heels and headed for the door.

I was almost out of the room, when Tsunade called,

“Ayame!” I paused, not looking back, “We’re all glad your back, safe and sound.” I swallowed and nodded slowly,

“So am I…”

_______________________________________________

I looked over my empty house.

It’s so… bare…

I thought to myself unhappily. Then, without muttering a word, I turned to the bathroom.

As I shed my clothes, I caught a glimpse of the small snowflake that was placed onto my pale skin. I stared at it for a few minutes, thinking about what I was going to do when the time came to go back to my tiny village.

Do I really have a choice? Of course not, I’m getting married, I have a responsibility. But what if I didn’t want to get married this early?

I closed my eyes and let a frustrated growl leave my lips, what have I gotten myself into?

______________________________

It’s really short :O