☆ 4 ☆

As the night went on, River and Remus fell into their old habits again. They spoke for hours updating each other on their lives, and what they both thought of the whole Voldemort situation. At one point he opened up about Tonks, he apologised after, saying it was not something that he should have spoke about to someone like her; River unaware of what he meant by that. Over the course of their time together, she had managed to make her way over to his side of the sofa and was resting on him. Before she knew it, she had dosed off, he didn't however, and had let her rest on him whilst comforting her.

As she awoke on the sofa in her common room, Remus was gone (back to grimmauld place) as if he had never been there. But he had left a note on the table, saying he didn't want to awake her and said how he had enjoyed her company. She enjoyed last night, it had been a while since she opened up to someone like that, she felt relieved, almost.

•••

Weeks had past and Hogwarts was crumbling, Umbridge had taken over and Dumbledore had disappeared, so much for an amazing wizard. Remus had visited River a few times, and they had repeated what had happened on her first night back, it had become a regularity, it was lovely. But she had still not heard from Sirius, and he was all she could think about, even as the time went on, she replayed the kiss constantly in her mind, searching for an answer.

It was a sunday, she was the first awake as usual and breakfast would be starting in 10 minutes, so she decided to get ready and head on down there. Seeing as it was a Sunday she put on a black vest, knitted cropped cardigan, and some plain black joggers which complimented her figure. As she left her dormitories, trying not to awake anyone, she left her hair hanging over her shoulders, applied a little bit of makeup and popped her favourite trainers on.

As she entered the great hall there were only a few people in there, seeing as no one had classes to be up for, who were sat reading books, probably studying. She sat down alone as none of her friends were here yet, and she picked up a piece of already buttered toast. As she took a bite, a letter fell onto the table. She wiped her hands down and picked it up.

River Hope
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Is what was written on the front. She was suprised to receive mail as usually her mother would tell her in person, but of course she was no longer there; she assumed not much information was needed as the owls would have known where to take it. The writing seemed unfamiliar. Who would have written to me, she thought to herself before she was interrupted by a shadow looming over her.

River looked up to see Harry looking at her, as George, Fred and Hermione sat opposite. He looked at her with concern, and a hint of annoyance in his face. He didn't speak for the entirety of breakfast, which was unusual as he would normally be fairly chatty. She decided not to open the letter whilst people were there, who knows what it was about.

Once they had all eaten, River, George and Fred had decided to go back to the common room, and play some games; Harry and Hermione were going to the library to study, as they didn't want to wait for hours for Ron to wake up. As they all got up and started to leave the great hall, Harry snagged at her cardigan and said her name.

"Why have you got that letter?" he asked, showing no emotion.

"I'm not sure, I haven't received one this year yet, not sure what it's about." she replied innocently.

"It's from Sirius, I recognise the writing. But he hasn't wrote to me in weeks. He is communicating with me through Ron, via the messages that Molly sends him. So why is he sending you letters?" he said, with a jealous tone. It took River a moment to comprehend what he had said.

Why was Sirius sending me a letter? We haven't spoken since that day. What could he possibly want?

Questions ran through her head, it took her a moment to come up with an answer, which only made Harry look at the girl more suspiciously.

"I- um- I haven't a clue, Harry. Honestly. I haven't spoken to him since we left Grimmauld place," she managed to spit out, "Maybe it's about the order, perhaps he thought it was best to contact me rather than you, since Umbridge is constantly on your tail." she lied. Harry was acting strange, slightly mean, in the encounter the two had just had. Perhaps he was jealous? she questioned, seeing as Sirius hadn't spoken to him. But before she could try and translate his emotions any further, he had turned and walked in the opposite direction.

River caught up with Fred and George who were laughing, probably at a joke they had made up.
The three of them walked into the common room.

"I need to go upstairs quickly, I will be right back." she shouted over the the noise of other gryfindors who were in the common room. They both nodded at the same time, not even bothering to try and talk over the noise.

She ran upstairs and locked herself in her bathroom, and immediately pulled the letter out of her back pocket before ripping the envelope open.

Dearest River,
I am sorry this is so out of the blue, and I am so sorry that I have not got into contact with you sooner. I didn't know what to say. After the moment we shared, I didn't know how I felt, I'm not even sure now, but I know I feel something. I'm sorry I behaved in this manner, I hope you can forgive me.

To the task at hand however, I have a horrific feeling about what is to come, River. With You Know Who most likely regaining his strength, I feel you are in danger. I don't want you in Hogwarts at the moment. We have no current plans at the order as no new information has occurred and obviously no updates from Dumbledore; a lot of us are still working too, so it's sometimes hard to get everyone together. And with Albus in hiding, we need Harry and his friends at school to find out as much as he can about this Dolores Umbridge woman and the ministry.

Seeing as you, George and Fred are the eldest, I believe it is wise that you all return, and put your efforts in here at Grimmauld Place, rather than Hogwarts; leave that to Harry, he can handle himself, as he has proven.

Sirius.

"WHAT!?" she shouted, not realising she were yelling aloud. "After all this time of no contact, he writes to me and says that me and the twins efforts are needed elsewhere?" she began pacing the bathroom floor, "He may have a point, but how dare he! He could have at least made the effort to come and tell me himself, like Lupin does - so it's obviously not impossible-" she cut herself off once she realised she was talking to herself. However much she didn't want to follow his instructions, River secretly knew it was for the best.

After several minutes of contemplation, she knew he was right. After going to the owlery to send Sirius a reply, which simply stated they were leaving hogwarts, ignoring the rest of the letter; she had planned to go and tell George and Fred that they were leaving, and to tell Harry also about what he had said, obviously leaving out the first half of the letter.

Hours on, River and the boys had packed. Preparing to leave in the morning whilst the others were in classes. She were anxious about leaving as you didn't want Umbridge or the Inquisitorial Squad to catch you, but she had bigger things on your mind.

River was going back to Sirius Black.