☆ 16 ☆

A/N: Thankyou so so much for 10k views ahhhh! thankyou so much to anyone who interacts or reads, i hope your enjoying :)
- elena♡

After plenty of, slightly awkward, casual conversation, the carriage pulled up outside the majestic school, alongside many others. Students ranging from Year 4-7, dressed in their finest clothes, arm in arm with their dates. Happiness practically buzzed in the air, as music could be heard from inside the castle.

River looked out of the window, as Cedric began opening the door, when she caught sight on Ginny and Luna walking hand in hand, she sent a subtle wink to the girls as they both turned pink and returned smiles.

Harry, Ron and Hermione had decided against the ball, seeing as the recent events hadn't really got them in the party mood.

Cedric hopped out, River about to follow, as he gripped her waist and helped her down. River looked at him, slightly startled at the contact.

"What? You'll have sex with me but won't let me help?" he chuckled.

"Oh, Jesus, Ced! Keep your voice down, would you?" she rolled her eyes, wincing slightly as she recalled the memory.

He was right. Cedric had taken River's virginity during a party in 6th year, after the two being a little tipsy. Cedric had liked her for a while, however she never reciprocated any feelings. They remained friends, just distanced themselves a little.

They began entering the castle, smells of delicious foods wafting through the air and chatter from fellow students making the building feel familiar to River once again.

They linked arms and strolled through the huge archway and into the great hall. Many people dancing slowly to the emotional song that was currently playing, others sat at tables giggling and some stuffing their faces with food that lie on the long table pushed to the far corner of the room. Flowers sprung from the most random of places throughout the hall, signalling that spring had began and pastel colours decorated the room. Teachers stood around the edges of the room, some even joining in to dance at time. She caught eyes with Snape, who stood next to Umbridge, as he sent her a nod of reassurance - she assumed he knew why she was there.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" Cedric bowed dramatically, offering his hand to River.

"Most certainly, my lord." she replied in a mocking tone, taking his hand as they approached the other dancing students.

She placed a delicate hand on his shoulder, as one of his gripped her waist, the others intertwining with each other. They swayed to the soft song as he spun her round, River becoming slightly unsteady on her feet.

"Get in there, Cedric!" Seamus Finnigan called as they passed, whilst he was dancing with Lavender Brown.

"Shut it, Finnigan." River said sternly, "Looks like someone wants to get in there with you as well, looking at the drool that is practically falling out of Dean's mouth over there." she whispered loud enough for both Seamus and Lavender to here, as she motioned to Dean Thomas who was sat at a table his eyes not leaving Seamus - Lavenders eyes went wide and Seamus went a sudden shade of pink, quickly moving away from River and Cedric, causing the two to laugh.

They danced for a while, until River remembered why she was really there - not to just enjoy her teen years. She scolded herself before heading quickly over to the table which held the food, followed shortly by Cedric, he too also remembering why she was there. She picked up a bowl of ice cream, in order to not look suspicious, whilst subtly eyeing the room for Draco as Cedric stood next to her.