1.09

the next monday morning, jade woke up before julie as usual and quickly got ready, heading downstairs. she turned on the coffee pot and impatiently tapped her fingers on the counter, waiting for it to brew. as soon as there was enough for her, she grabbed the pot and quickly poured the contents into her travel mug, grabbing her bag and heading to the studio.

her and luke had been up late last night writing music and she woke up with a melody in her head that she just had to write down. she didn't want to lose it.

none of the guys were there when she arrived in the studio so she set her bag down, grabbing her song book out of it and walked to the piano.

she had only been playing and writing for a little while when luke poofed onto the piano bench beside her. she didn't stop playing, and he grinned at her happily.

"you got any lyrics yet?" he questions and she nodded slightly, still playing. "can i hear them?" he asks, reading over the music sheet that so far only had the melody.

Ain't gonna fight it 'cause it's useless
I can't get this music out of my head
It's like the beat is taking over
Weight off of my shoulders, dancing instead

she was playing somewhat of a slowed down version of the song. all she had was the piano so she couldn't play it full-out like she could hear it in her head. but luke loved it anyways.

And something's feeling different in the hallways
Something's looking, looking like it's changed
I've been moving to the rhythm for the whole day
A million lyrics running through my brain

she didn't have all the lyrics either, she only had a bit but considering she'd only been working for about twenty minutes, she felt pretty good about where she'd gotten in the song.

I got the music
Back inside of me
Every melody and chord
Can't stop the music
Back inside my soul
And it's stronger than beforе

"it's not done yet." jade explains, letting the piano fade out. "i want it to be more up beat, but all i have is the piano right now." she says as luke grins at her.

"it sound great." he assures her and she blushed slightly, taking a sip of her coffee to hide it.

"jade?" julies voice drew their attentions away from each other towards the door of the studio where julie was now standing. "come on, we gotta get to school." she says and jade nods quickly, gathering her things.

"see you later." she smiles at luke, who nods as she pulled the door shut behind her.

when the girls got to school, the song was still playing on repeat in jade's head as she danced slightly through the halls. she first went to her locker to grab her things before making her way to julie's locker, where her and flynn were already talking.

she walked up the them, still dancing slightly and both girls chucked at her softly.

"what's up?" she asks, approaching them.

"nothing, it's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self." julie tells her with a laugh.

"thanks?" she says, though it sounded more like a question.

"so how's the band?" flynn interjects. "still hot? still talented?" she looked around for a moment. "still dead?" she whispers, making the other two roll their eyes.

"they're amazing." julie assures her.

"we spent the whole weekend writing songs with them." jade says, a wide smile on her face thinking about their song writing sessions.