1.20

when jade and julie got to the orpheum, they were quickly ushered to a green room for them to prepare. they didn't have a lot of time before the show, so they quickly got changed and sat in front of the mirrors to start doing their make up.

a knock came at the door as jade was applying her mascara, making her jump slightly and almost causing her to stab herself in the eye. she was very nervous for the show, which made her extra jumpy at the moment.

she was also extra stressed about texting her mom. she had been avoiding looking at her phone since she sent the text, unsure of what answer she would rather see there.

"jade, julie, i've got your roadie." he informs them, making the two girls laugh slightly.

"come in." julie calls and the door opens, revealing the stage director and flynn, who walk into the room.

"holograms are good to go, bosses." flynn says, and jade rolls her eyes slightly.

"best roadie ever." she jokes, and the stage director cracks a small grin.

"i'll be back in a few minutes to walk you to the stage." he tells julie and jade, who nod.

"thanks rob." julie says and the man nods before backing out of the room.

flynn waiting until she heard the door shut behind him to start freaking out.

"do you see this back stage pass?!" she questions, holding the badge up. "i had sushi with Brendon Urie!" she exclaims and jade chuckles softly.

"good for you." julie congratulates her. "i threw up in the car on the way over here."

"and you still look amazing." flynn tells her, and jade chuckles slightly.

"she didn't look amazing with her head hanging out the window for air." jade jokes, making julie glare at her slightly, though the smile was still present on her face.

as much as both girls were worried about everything that would be happening tonight, with the boys crossing over and all, they couldn't the part of them that was overflowing with excitement and giddiness about actually getting to play the orpheum. it was like a dream come true.

"i made friends with the tech crew." flynn says, redirecting the conversation away from talking about throwing up. "you guys are gonna love what we have planned." the excitement was clear in flynn's voice, which actually made jade and julie even more excited. "the guys are here, right?" she brushes her hair over her shoulder, glancing around the room as jade and julie's faces fell.

"we haven't seen them." jade admits, looking down at her hands in her lap and spinning the ring on her finger.

"wait, you don't think they changed their minds and took calebs offer, do you?" flynn questions quickly, and both julie and jade shook their heads.

"no." julie says quickly. "no, that's the last thing that they wanted." her confidence in her statement faded as she went on, and flynn looked between the two girls for a moment.

"you guys are gonna kill it." she tells them, pulling jade up from her chair to stand next to her beside julie's chair, turning the three of them to face the mirror. "we should get some snack." she suggests, and the other two girls nod quickly.

~*~

they didn't have long before they were supposed to go on and the boys had still yet to show up, leaving jade and julie to be pacing next to each other behind the couch. flynn sat, slowly snacking on cheese puffs as she watched the girls anxiously.

a knock came at the door, causing all three of their heads to snap in that direction.

"hey girls, it's time!" the stage directors voice came through the door, send jade and julie into slight panic mode.