1.10

8:30

by the time julie and jade got to the dance, it was already in full swing. flynn was on the stage dj-ing as the girls made their way to her, dancing slightly with the other students.

when the approached the stage, flynn waved them to the side.

"how you feeling?" she asks them.

"i'm a little nervous." julie admits with a small shrug, though the smile was still present on her face.

"i'm a lot nervous." jade adds, looking around at all the people in the gym.

since this afternoon, she had yet to be able to slow her heart beat. she was extremely stressed about the performance, and especially about the boys. she hadn't seen them since they left the studio to go haunt trevor.

"you'll be fine!" flynn assures them. "all your gear is back stage, come on."

the girls nodded and quickly headed up the side stairs to backstage.

"oh my gosh! you guys look amazing!" flynn gushes, pulling to two girls in for a hug.

"thanks!" julie laughs slightly. "it's all moms. we finally went through her stuff."

"she would have loved that you two wore that." flynn smiles at the girls softly. "are the guys here?" she asks after a moment, brushing her hair over her shoulder.

"no." jade says, her voice slightly shaky from worry.

"but they will be." julie adds quickly. "they know how important this is to us." she says, grabbing jade's hand for comfort.

jade nodded, though she didn't entirely believe the statement.

9:10

jade was pacing behind the curtain, anxiously waiting for the boys to arrive. they were only ten minutes late, but the ten minutes felt to jade like it was stretched over centuries.

"is everybody fired up for J² and the Phantoms?!" flynn shouts into the mic, causing julie and jade to look to each other in confusion before looking back to the girl on stage. "great, keep that fire because that's later! we're a bit behind schedule but don't worry, just enjoy these mind blowing beats!"

flynn turned to notice the two girls staring at her and she quickly walked over to them.

"J-squared and the phantoms?" jade questions.

"you said the other one was too clunky. and i had some free time in french class." flynn explains, making the other two chuckle slightly. "and you two better like it, because i already registered it on insta, snapchat, twitter-"

"no, we love it." julie cuts her off quickly. "but we'd love it even more if the actual phantoms were here." she states and jade let out a sigh. flynn quickly pointed behind them and the girls spun around.

"nick!"

"matt!"

the two girls spoke in surprise at the same time, making both boys chuckle slightly.

"look flynn!" julie spins around. "it's nick and matt." she trails off, noticing that flynn had already gone back on to the stage.

"thanks for the introduction." nick says with a small laugh.

"so, you made it?" julie looks to nick as jade stared at the ground, avoiding anyone's eyes.

"wouldn't miss it." he assures her sweetly.

"the truth is, we can't wait to see you guys play again." matt adds and jade looked up slightly, a small smile forming on her face from the words.