𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲. ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑎𝑛. 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐈𝐕: 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐨

Word count: 3138

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘—𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 for Klaus— stood around the landing of the stairs at Elliott's place, their eyes fixated on the television that was broadcasting the news. Vanya's mugshot was displayed in black-and-white as the newscaster spoke.

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald. Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile known only as Diego—"

"Cuban?" Diego questioned incredulously as his mugshot appeared.

"—who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium." A picture of Luther tending to Jack Ruby came on. "A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties who fights under the alias 'King Kong.'" A picture of Allison protesting. "Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter." A painting of what seemed to be Klaus, with long hair and a flowing beard, in a Jesus-esque style. "And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader. The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy and girl" —a picture of Valerie and Five behind the picket fence at JFK's assassination appeared— "who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network—"

"Well, it's true." Five gave a small shrug as he leaned back against the railing, causing everyone to turn their attention away from the television and to him. "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

"God, I hate that photo," Diego said lowly, his eyes on the television.

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" Allison scoffed as she leaned forward on the railing and clasped her hands together. "That's unbelievable."

"Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday," Luther cut in, giving them a smile. "So—"

"Yeah, a bunch of real goddamn heroes," Diego interrupted. "We let Kennedy die."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world," Allison pointed out as she straightened up. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

"Well, where are we supposed to go?" Vanya asked as Klaus came down the stairs.

"I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik," Klaus offered as he walked past them. "We could totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

"Hey, numbnuts," Five called after him, causing him to turn and face them. "Hiding's not gonna make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

"He's right," Diego agreed with a nod. "They'll never stop."

Five's eyebrows furrowed as he looked towards the other man and he scoffed, "I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the Commission?"

"Since I got back from there," Diego replied coolly as he turned to face him.

Valerie's eyebrows furrowed, the baffled expression reflected on Five's face as he questioned, "What?"

"Yeah, they headhunted me, offered me a job," Diego explained lightly with a shrug. "Full-time with benefits, which I had to turn down."

"They headhunted you . . ." Five's words were filled with humour as he continued, "the village idiot."