𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑙 𝑛𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

Word count: 1821

"𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 in 1960, the year the Silvertone Omega was released," the man began. "I was in the middle of a sale when something very . . . strange happened. So, for the past three years, I've witnessed five energy surges in that alleyway out back. Same thing every time. A bright blue light, then something appears."

"Did you get a good look at any of them?" Five asked.

The man directed them to a board that was covered in black-and-white photos of people in the alleyway. The photos were all grainy, making it hard to distinguish the faces. It was organized by date, with a few photos of the same person, making it quite obvious that this, in fact, was their missing family.

"Yeah, the first one. And then the big, sensitive one."

"'Sensitive'?" Valerie repeated, her eyebrows furrowed. Who in their family was sensitive?

The man nodded. "Yeah, cried a lot, kept coming back to the alley, sat around for hours calling a woman's name. Uh" —he looked around with squinted eyes as he tried to come up with a name before snapping his fingers— "Allison."

Valerie and Five immediately looked at each other in realization, simultaneously saying, "Luther."

"Yeah, he . . . he wasn't the only one." The man nodded as the two inspected the photos carefully. "Uh, the others came too, off and on over the years, looking for each other. Eventually, they . . . they stopped."

"So, our family is alive," Five said softly. "Shit. I think I stranded them here." He turned on his heel and began to march towards the man, who anxiously stepped backwards. "Now listen to me . . ."

"Elliott. Elliott. My name . . ." Elliott spluttered as he tripped over the couch. Five disappeared and then reappeared in front of him, causing him to knock his head on the lamp as he pressed up against one desk. "My name's Elliott."

"Whatever, all right? We got ten days to find them and save the world," Five said harshly, pointing towards the board of photos.

Valerie rolled her eyes again. She had had enough of Five demanding things from people.

She walked over and shoved Five to the side, receiving a glare from him, though she ignored it as she gently began, "Listen, Elliott. We really need to find them as soon as we can, and we can't do it alone. We need your help."

Elliott seemed much calmer now that there wasn't a threatening boy in front of him, and he slowly nodded. "You need . . . my . . . You know what?" He dug through the desk drawer and took out a cut-out newspaper article. "I, uh . . . I always thought that this, uh, mugshot looked like arrival number four."

It was a short article in the crime section, with the headline, 'DISTURBED MAN WITH MULTIPLE KNIVES ARRESTED OUTSIDE 1026 N. BECKLEY.'

Valerie's eyes widened as she saw the mugshots. She barely needed a moment to recognize the scar on the side of his head nor the slight sneer he had.

"Diego."

"So then, that's helpful?" Elliott asked as she took the newspaper from him to inspect it more closely.

"You have no idea." She nodded as she looked up at him and smiled. "Thanks, Elliott. Five, come on."

Valerie grabbed Five's hand and began to drag him towards the door.

"Oh, so first you shove me and now you want to hold my hand? Make up your mind, girl," Five muttered as they exited the building.

"Shut up and look." Valerie sighed as she let go of his hand and gave him the newspaper.