Chapter 9

"Hey, Diner Gal."

Y/N smiled at the floor before turning around to face her surprise visitor, "How's it hanging, Leather Boy?" She probably wouldn't admit it out loud but Reggie's random visits were probably the main reason why Y/N had been arriving at work extra early and leaving extra late. "Alright, Julie is kinda freaking out and getting Flynn to help her pick an outfit and then Flynn freaks out and gets Julie to help her decide on a theme for the marketing stuff. You?" Y/N shrugged, "The usual."

"So, what can I do you for?" Reggie looked down, a red flush covering his cheeks and the tips of his ears, "Well, I kinda wanted to just hang out because Julie and Luke are "writing some songs" but we all know it's just a date and Alex is with Willie and I'm willing to bet my left sock that they're on a date too and I didn't wanna be alone so I thought that you're really nice so I came here." A smile danced on Y/N's lips and her gaze softened, he was too sweet and just hearing his voice made her cheeks heat up slightly. Reggie's eyes widened and he met her gaze, a horrified expression painting his face, "Unless you're busy, sorry, I'll- I'll just go-"

"Woah, Reg, chill out. I've just got to plan out the way we're gonna decorate the room on Friday. Plus, I like having you around, it makes my job a lot less boring." Y/N smiled before grabbing a black notebook an opening it to a new page, she scribbled down a title so she'd remember what it was for before bullet pointing her ideas. "You know, I just realised, how much work do you do? I mean, you're around the same age as us, you have a job and you basically co-manage this place whilst also working here as an entertainer. Do you even go to school?"

Y/N chuckled and turned to face him, "This is a part-time job but I do usually sneak in extra hours just to help out Cal, he can't do everything by himself and there isn't anyone else to help him, plus he's a family friend and basically my uncle at this point. As for school, I do online school which I pay for with this job, and it all comes full circle." Reggie frowned, "Still, it sounds like a lot. You should come to Julie's sometime during practice and just hang out. No folders, no notes, no work, just hanging out and having a good time! And promise me you'll start taking it easy"

"Alright, Leather Boy, I promise and maybe I'll take you up on that someday. But for now, just focus on your gig that's coming up in two days, not including today of course. Speaking of, do you mind helping me out with this, I get the impression you have a lot of ideas locked up in that brain of yours." Reggie looked at her in surprise, "You really want my help? I mean, you could ask anyone for help, why me?" Y/N stared at Reggie, her brows furrowing as a worried expression crossed her face, "Why wouldn't I? Reggie you're amazing and I wouldn't want anyone else to help me."

"Really?"

"Of course."

---

"Finish up these papers for me, I'm going out."

"Cal, I'm already doing more than I should, I have to finish off an essay and send it in before lunch. You haven't even started your time listings for today yet." Y/N blew at a piece of hair that kept falling into her eyes and glared up at Cal.

"I said finish them, I'm going out." Cal slammed the papers onto her desk and walked out of the office. "Cal, what the fuck!" Y/N stood up, her chair slamming into the wall behind her as she ran after him, papers in hand, "Where the hell are you going?" "Out."

Cal shot her a cold glare that made her freeze in place before walking out. Y/N groaned in frustration, throwing the papers to the floor, "Shit, fuck, kill me." Sighing, she knelt on the floor and gathered the papers back up. "Fucking asshole, but he might have something important to do and he's just stressed about it. Calm down, Y/N." She kept muttering reassurance to herself so as not to lose her temper once again.