Chapter 2

Y/N pushed open the back door with her hip, a big bag of glass bottles dragging her upper body towards the ground. She opened up the container lid and threw the bag of bottles inside, slumping against the door in exhaustion. She had another impromptu performance coming up but for now, she was back to a normal waitress.

Y/N pulled open the door and went back in, met with the overwhelming smell of sweat and cooking food. It's like being on broadway except that it's not as professional and she has two jobs in one and they both have crap pay. Time to get serving

Julie and Flynn were chatting animatedly about a new band that they'd heard about whilst the boys were still trying to figure out how she was able to see them. Julie made sense, she had summoned them but that waitress, Y/N, they had never even been in her vicinity before. It was strange.

Julie straightened up as an idea hit her train, she turned so she was facing both the boys and Flynn, reminding herself that she needs to not look insane, "We could ask Y/N to put in a good word for us, get closer to her and figure out why she can see you. We get answers, a gig and a reason to come for inspo whenever." Luke snapped his finger and pointed at her in agreement, "Right! Uh...how do we get her to even talk to us? Last time I checked we were...you know, invisible to everyone, she'd look insane if she randomly started talking to us." Julie stared at him blankly before rolling her eyes and taking a sip from her milkshake, looking to Alex for help.

Alex hit him on the back of his head, "Obviously we're not going to do it in front of people, use your brain...oh wait, nevermind." Julie choked and set her milkshake down, Flynn patted her back before glaring at the left side of the boys. Julie moved Flynn's face so she was glaring at the boys, "No killing my best friend, not even eye-candy can get away with that." She turned back to Julie, "You okay, Jules? What did the boys do, I wish I could see them."

"Sometimes I wish that I had the privilege of not seeing them." The boys offended faces made her burst into laughter that she tried to control.

"Hi, is there anything else we can help you with today?" Their waiter walked up to the table, a bright smile already spread over their face. "Oh, uh, I have a weird request, question? Uh, can we talk to one of your performers? It would need to be somewhere more private because it's more...um..you know." The waiter chuckled, "Sure thing, you can use the break room, the performer will take you over there. I know Y/N is free for a little bit, but she might have to run off for a performance, I could grab Noelle, she's doing some serving right now though...uh, another performer called Sadie arrives in a few minutes, but she might take a while to get settled. Or do you have a specific person in mind?"

"Uh..." Julie looked at Flynn and the boys, trying to figure out how to be discreet about asking for Y/N, "Can we- uh..." The waiter smiled, "I'll grab Y/N for you, just remember she might have to run after a while." They walked off to the kitchen, picking up a few plates on the way.

"Y/N! Some customers want to talk to you!"

An audible groan made the kitchen staff chuckle, Y/N was used to complaining middle-aged women. They were only people who ever 'talked' to the staff, they were usually sent to Y/N because she would just smile, nod and agree until there were no complaints left. It takes way too much effort to argue and yell at someone who is smiling and agreeing with everything you say.

"Alright, thank you, Sam, tell them I'll be right there." Y/N dusted off her hands, the waiter chuckled, "Okay, will do. And you really need to stop expecting the worst all the time. It's kinda depressing." Y/N rolled her eyes, "Haha, glad my suffering at the hands of middle-aged women amuses you." The waiter rolled their eyes in return and left the kitchen.