police station

Sree

Anya slept well and in the morning, I had her brush and wash her face, then fed her some breakfast. Harini helped me.
I wore churidar with dupatta today.

I then got a call from Vikram.

"Meet me at your gate, whenever you are ready", he said and cut the call before I could reply.

" Arrogant CEO", I murmured. Anya looked at me.

"Sree, are we going to mama now, will mama like me", she asked.

" Anya, your mama loves you, does she behave like how she was yesterday always. ", I asked her.
" No, sometimes she is smiling and she buys me ice cream, but sometimes she is angry on me.. She doesn't talk to me ", Anya said.
"Poor girl, "I thought, I asked her about her relatives or father, but she said she doesn't know where they are and that papa comes to see her.

I brought her down and we waited for Vikram.

His car arrived and we got in.

Seeing Vikram, Anya smiled.

" Good morning ", she said.

Vikram smiled back.

"Good morning Anya" he said smiling, then he looked at me .

I was just thinking that he looked like a better person with that smile.

We reached the flat and knocked on the door. Nobody opened.

I got a watsapp messages in my office group with Deepa and Sanjay.

"What are you people doing?, Deepa asked

" On an important mission with Vikram sir", I replied and sent laughing smileys.

"I almost believed you", typed Sanjay.

Then he sent his girlfriend's photo. " Wow she is pretty ", I messaged.

" Need your help guys, want to buy a gift for her, her birthday is coming and I know nothing about girl's gifts. ", he said.

" We will help, don't worry ", I sent.

Deepa sent me a personal message. "

What's happening, you are really with Vikram sir? ", she asked. I smiled.

" I thought you didn't believe ", I messaged.

" What!!!! You are really with VIKRAM SIR! TELL MEE Everything! ", she said. I laughed.

" If your done looking at your phone and laughing, you could come back to reality Sree", said Vikram.

I looked up at him and stared.

I told Deepa I'll tell her later. We waited for 3 hours. I tried speaking something to Vikram  but it was difficult.

So I spoke with Anya. I asked her about her school, her friends. She asked about mine so I told her, and that I'm working now.

"We have to go to the police station Sree", Vikram told. I nodded. It was almost 12 noon.

" I'm hungry", Anya told us when we were in the car.

"I think we will stop in a restaurant, it will take time there", he said and stopped the car in a nearby restaurant.

Anya sat next to me and Vikram sat opposite of me. We ordered.

It was awkward, but then Vikram started getting so many business calls. In one call he started shouting at someone, that Anya started to cry. I glared at him. After  the call was over, he looked at me.